Mental Health Awareness for Managers
Research shows that developing mentally healthy workplaces benefits both the organisation and employees by:
- Reducing staff sickness
- Improving job satisfaction which increases focus and productivity
- Increasing job retention
This course gives managers the knowledge and skills to meet both HSE and NICE standards for identifying and addressing risks to mental health in the workplace. It will help managers to confidently develop mental health awareness, reduce stigma and discrimination, and foster productive and supportive working cultures and teams.
This 3-hour workshop will enable managers to develop confidence and skills to create an inclusive mentally healthy work culture. Delegates will learn how to recognise risks to mental health and how to supportively address them for themselves and with staff. The course explores practical strategies and can be tailored to particular settings. It will give managers tools and resources that can be used to promote self-care, and facilitate supportive conversations about mutually agreed strategies and signposting.
- Developing a mentally healthy culture that supports self-care
- Enabling both employers and employees to confidently take responsibility for mental health
- Recognise risks and signs of mental ill health to agree timely support
- How to have supportive conversations and plan with employees to address needs
- Using evidence based tools and resources to promote self-care and wellbeing plans
- Supportive signposting
To give more people the opportunity to develop their understanding, we have teamed up with The Skills Network to offer all schools that purchase our Whole Staff programmes the opportunity to access additional Level 2 Distance Learning courses in a variety of related topics. Not only can staff benefit from the accredited programmes, but parents can also access them – free of charge!
Prices start from just £600 for a whole staff, three hour workshop, with bespoke packages and discounts on larger numbers available. Individual places costing £50 per person can also be booked on our open courses where applicable. See the ‘Contact Us’ section below for more details.
(Prices valid until July 2021 and are subject to change)