You can support YMCA Trinity Group in a number of fun and creative ways. All the money you raise and donate will allow us to continue to support young people and communities across Cambridgeshire and Suffolk.
How your money can help
A donation to our Access to Employment service can pay for –
- £5 – pays towards lunches for the week
- £10 – A2E to work with a young person to create a new CV
- £10 – Haircut for an interview
- £15 – Food and Hygiene Course
- £20 – Transport to work for a week
- £20 – New shoes and shirt for new job
- £40 – Enhanced DBS Check
- £100 – CSCS Course
A donation to our Mental Health service can pay for –
- £49 – pays for one child to access a therapy or counselling session.
- £199 – pays for one staff member to be trained to provide 1-2-1 mentoring for young people who are struggling with their mental health.
- £400 – pays for 20 staff to receive an introductory workshop so they can help identify and support children with mental health issues.
- £650 – pays for one child to go through therapy to help address severe mental health issues and reduce the risk of permanent mental health problems.
- £750 – pays for up to four young people to go through a building resilience programme to help reduce their anxieties, improve relationships and attainment.
- £900 – pays for up to 16 staff to receive a full day’s training to help develop building resilience programmes in school.
- £4,875 – pays for a therapist to work with a school for half a day per week for a whole academic year.
Donate to Us
You can make a donation by clicking on one of the buttons below.
If you would like to donate to a particular service please specify in the comment box when making your donation.
Become a YMCA Roomsponsor
Being a YMCA Roomsponsor means you are providing a young person with a safe place to stay and additional support to help them secure a brighter future. You’ll also receive a welcome pack and thank you gift when you set up your regular donation. Find out more on our YMCA Roomsponsor page.
Previous fundraising events/challenges
Cambridge Sleep Easy 2022
Our 2021 Sleep Easy event was held on 10th March 2022 at Cambridge University Rugby Club in association with LandAid.
Thanks go to all our sleepers for their participation and fundraising efforts, and to the team at the rugby club for providing a brilliant venue for the event. Fundraising is still being collated, but meanwhile here’s some photos from the event.
If you want to get involved next year keep an eye on our social media for updates!
Cambridge Virtual Sleep Easy 2021
The event was held on Friday 26 March and saw people sleep rough inside or outside their home, including in gardens, baths and kitchen floors. This was due to covid-19 and social distancing restrictions.
The event raised over £15,000 for our Access to Employment Service (A2E) in Cambridge.
1,200 mile challenge – January 2021
In January, after 31 half marathons each, equating to over 1,200 miles between them, three friends completed their incredible challenge and raised over £6,000!!
Brad, Michael and Jamie decided to run a half marathon every day last month to raise money for our Access to Employment service in memory of Brad’s father, Glenn who sadly passed away last January. Glenn was an inspirational and popular figure at YMCA Trinity Group and helped form the A2E programme in 2016.
Reflecting on after completing the challenge, Brad said: “What a month that was, I can’t believe that we got to the end in one piece. I am overwhelmed by the support we received from family, friends and strangers. It was truly incredible.
The money we have received so far is phenomenal and I know that every penny will make a huge difference to helping give young people an opportunity. It is truly heartwarming, knowing that I am able to help raise funds for something that was such a big part of my dad’s life. Now to let our bodies recover before we start training for the next challenge…”
Are you feeling inspired?
YMCA works with and for young people, offering them help and support in times of need. By fundraising on our behalf, in whatever way you can, you can help ensure our work continues.
1. Do it yourself: organise your own event and have fun!
Fancy organising a bake sale, a karaoke party or a face painting competition?
Find great ideas in our Free YMCA Fundraising Pack (6,947KB, PDF). Have fun with your friends and families and raise money for YMCA.
2. Take on a challenge: Run, swim, cycle … for YMCA
Fancy taking on a new challenge? Join TEAM YMCA and book your place on one of our exciting challenge events and raise money for the YMCA Trinity Group.
3. Do it with us: Help us during one of our fundraising events and give back to the community!
We have a number of exciting fundraising events organised by YMCA, which you could be a part of. Joining our fundraising team as a fundraising volunteer and finding yourself shaking a bucket at a busy football match or helping guest at a wine tasting event. Contact us today to receive our fundraising calendar.
What your can expect from us:
- Free YMCA Fundraising Packs – Jam packed with exciting ideas to successfully organise your own fun event.
- E marketing materials – If you would like marketing materials to promote your event please email our Fundraising Team, or alternatively take a look at our useful download packs below.
- Collection buckets, T-shirts + promotional items (depending on availability).
Contact us today at firstname.lastname@example.org for details on how you can get involved.