Mental Health Training
We have been working with the Opportunity Area team since 2018 delivering mental health training to an extensive number of staff. This funding enables you to book training for whole staff teams or individual staff members. If you would like more information please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or download and return the relevant funding form for your area.
Courses will need to be booked by December 2022 so be quick!
Our Training Programmes
In order to help you decide upon the most appropriate training, we have worked with local services to develop a competency framework which categorises our training according to its content and depth of learning. We also hope that this will simplify the often complex picture of mental health training in a structured and methodical way, and provide a clear framework to equip you with appropriate skills to support your own and other’s mental health.
In order to provide clarity our training is divided into the different stages of the framework. We will also help settings undertake a Training Needs Analysis to ensure content is based on identified needs. Our training is traditionally accessed by education settings, but is suitable for anyone working with young people. We also have a range of courses aimed at workplaces to help meet the needs of yourself and colleagues, and can adapt any of the ones listed as required.
Please get in touch to find out more by calling 01733 373187 or email email@example.com.
New – Partner Reward Scheme giving you more benefits for accessing our services; including training & licence discounts, free resources and webinars.
- Read Partner Reward Scheme document (232KB, PDF)
Stage Two – ENHANCED training
- Introduction to Anxiety and Depression
- Introduction to Self-Harm
- Introduction to Risk-Taking Behaviour
- Introduction to Body Confidence
- Introduction to Substance Misuse
- Introduction to Sexual Health
- Understanding Behaviour Through The Lens Of Trauma (Formerly known as Classroom Strategies for Mental Health Support Workshop)
- Understanding Behaviour As Communication Workshop (Formerly known as Managing Challenging Behaviour)
- NEW – How To Build Collaborative Relationships with Parents
- NEW – How to Have Difficult Conversations
- NEW – How to Have Conversations With The Child in Mind
- NEW – Mental Health Awareness for Managers
One day courses:
- NEW – Mentoring Adults: A Solution Focused Approach
- Mentoring Children & Young People: A Solution Focused Approach
Free distance learning
Stage Three – TARGETED training
Our targeted training is delivered in a Train the Trainer format to give settings access to cost-effective and sustainable training that can be cascaded to other staff.
- Senior Mental Health Lead Training for schools
- Mental Health Champions – three day training
- Delivering Early Interventions – one day training
- NEW – Delivering Parent and Student workshops – one day training
- NEW – Reflective Supervision Skills: Senior Leaders Programme – two day training
- Free Level 2 Distance Learning in Counselling Skills
Parents and carers are integral to promoting positive mental health in young people and supporting those in need. We can adapt all of our training in the competency framework to parents and carers, specifically the core and enhanced courses. Adaptations may be in the form of content, course length or structure so please get in touch to discuss your bespoke needs. Examples of tailored parent awareness workshops include:
For information about our range of services visit our parent and carer support page
In order to create a positive well-being culture, mental health needs to be everyone’s business. Student awareness is also central to building resilience and reducing the risk of issues escalating. In addition to parents and staff, students can therefore increase their own mental health competencies through a range of programmes we can offer that are listed below:
We can deliver a range of assemblies for all ages covering some basic mental health awareness activities, self-care tips, myths and facts, case studies, videos, supporting others, etc.
Visit our Additional Resources pages for more details about our campaigns and to download free resources
Awareness workshops / Wellbeing Days / PSHE
If you need support running awareness sessions in schools, we can help. Our trained practitioners can deliver one-off workshops, schemes of work, or even a whole school awareness day depending on your needs. They can all also be tailored to meet the new PSHE curriculum guidelines.
In addition, we can help you arrange your own awareness days to fundraise for mental health support. Please get in touch to receive our fundraising pack.
Specific Topics Workshops – Not only can we offer you awareness sessions, we can also arrange workshops on specific topics such as exam stress, body confidence and anxiety.
First Aid Courses
We have a range of approved first aid trainers that can offer you courses at discounted rates. With first aid now becoming a part of the curriculum, why not get in touch with us to help you offer this to both staff and students:
- Level 2 Award in Student First Aid – three hours or 3x1hr blocks (11+)
- Mini Medics Award – three hours (7-11 year olds)
- Ofsted recognised Paediatric First Aid – two day (16+)
- Level 2 Emergency First Aid – one day (14+)
Prices start from just £20 per person for mini-medics and £55 per person for full day courses, with discounts for large groups. Contact us for more information.
Conferences & Key Notes
Our expertise in mental health means we have a wealth of knowledge and resources to offer schools, organisations and other settings bespoke key note speakers at existing events or INSET days. We can also arrange full scale mental health conferences and events for groups of schools, trusts and organisations covering a range of topics; as well as organising other speakers as necessary.
We are one of the leading regional providers of mental health training, developed as a result of our long history of supporting young people. Many of our courses have been locally approved and commissioned through the DfE and local authorities.
Courses are all written and delivered by clinical professionals using evidence based approaches and feedback from a range of stakeholders.
They can be delivered both virtually and face to face as appropriate and tailored to the needs of your setting or individuals. We also give delegates access to a range of free Level 2 courses to continue learning and signpost to further opportunities to progress knowledge.
Based on more than 7050 delegates trained in 688 settings.
- “Thank you for being adaptable and working with our needs. Very useful.” – (SENCO)
- “SO useful, honestly the best training I have done for a long time. This has given me and my head so many new ideas to incorporate into our policy and practice. Thank you so much.” – (SENCO / MH lead / SLT)
- “I found this very useful. It is so useful to have dedicated, significant amount of training time on this. The trainer was confident, skilled, and interesting.” – (History Teacher)
- “This was a really great session – the Trainer was engaging, reassuring, completely knowledgeable and stimulating. I left the session feeling far more informed, inspired and like I had learnt a lot. Thank you.” – (Trainee teacher)
- “Very informative course. Thank you.” – (EYFS Leader)
How to Book
- Visit our Training Events Calendar & Campaigns page for an up to date calendar and information on how to book
- Contact 01733 373187 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your bespoke needs