Train the Trainer: Supervision Skills: Applying Creative Skills to Reflective Practice
This course gives schools the opportunity to learn from clinical professionals about how they can apply evidence-based interventions to facilitate reflective practice. The course builds on the foundational skills of active listening and solution focused approaches covered in our Mentoring Course to develop supervision practices that will enable you to gain insight into the dynamics of relationships. The skills learned will help staff to gain awareness of self and others to improve decision-making, develop informed practice, and promote an organisational culture that fosters and maintains positive mental health.
This two-day programme will give staff a range of skills, tools and resources to facilitate effective reflective sessions that inform decision-making and promote adult and child mental health and wellbeing. It is based on recent research on the development of supervision models, and covers the following:
- Setting up sessions for effective interpersonal reflection
- An introduction to creative supervision models
- Application of creative supervision skills for decision making and self-care
- Enhancing active listening skills
- Receive half-termly clinical supervision to enhance practice (included in the licence)
This course is suitable for pastoral leads, managers and senior leadership teams who oversee staff. Key to the programme is the licence that includes having your own half-termly supervision sessions with a qualified YMCA Trinity Group supervisor. This will enable you to learn from your own experiencing as well as having professional input into the development of your supervision skills. Delegates will also leave with a manual of essential training advice and guides to using the techniques learned.
- To understand reflective practice through the lens of creative supervision models.
- To learn the attitudes and skills which foster reflective practice.
- To apply creative techniques that enable insight and practice development
- To understand and use own experience of supervision to develop skills in facilitating effective reflection and application of insights.
- Receive half-termly supervision, peer support, updates and resources through the licencing arrangement – plus access to other clinical interventions for staff that require support.
- To develop an understanding of supervision models
- To apply models to reflective practice
- To practise supervision skills and techniques
- To apply own experience of supervision
- To evaluate impact for further reflective development
The annual licence fee includes all of the following*:
- Free half-termly supervision for each delegate from one of our clinical professionals
- Unlimited use of the materials for your staff – you can access our resources for three years (min commitment in order to effectively implement)
- Free annual refresher training (during the three-year licence)
- Tried and tested resources and materials based on sound research
- Regular updates – we do all the research and find the most useful resources for you, saving you time and money. We will also source additional materials and content as necessary, based on your feedback
- Clinical support and advice – our dedicated service means you can contact us if you have any questions about the material. We will offer support and signpost you to additional resources, so help is always on hand.
*minimum three-year commitment in order to effectively implement
The price for this course is £300 per person plus license fee.
Banding Codes and Annual License Costs per setting:
B1. Up to 150 pupils £300
B2. Up to 300 pupils £325
B3. Up to 450 pupils £350
B4. Over 450 pupils £375
B5. Up to 500 pupils £400
B6. Up to 1000 pupils £450
B7. Up to 1500 pupils £500
B8. Over 1500 pupils £550
New for 2020/21 – Partner Reward Scheme giving you more benefits for accessing our services; including training & license discounts, free resources and webinars.
- Read Partner Reward Scheme document (232KB, PDF)