Introduction to Building Resilience workshop
The Building Resilience workshop follows our Introduction to Mental Health workshop and is suitable for any adults in regular contact with young people experiencing mental health difficulties. This workshop is based on the latest research and will explore the role that settings can play in supporting the development of resilience in children and young people. Delegates will leave with practical strategies to use in their setting.
Delivered by clinical professionals, this two hour workshop explores the principles of resilience, giving consideration to protective factors and risk factors. Delegates will learn how they can better support the young people they work with, helping them to develop resilience and self esteem, increase engagement with learning and reducing the likelihood of long-term health issues. The workshop will provide practical tools that staff can share with their setting to promote resilience across the community. Delegates will leave feeling better equipped and more confident to identify those that need support and offer solutions.
This course also forms part of our three day Mental Health Champions Train the Trainer programme.
- To gain a deeper understanding of resilience
- To learn how to use the Resilience Framework as a tool in developing resilience-building strategies
- To share good practice and explore practical strategies
To give more people the opportunity to develop their understanding, we have teamed up with The Skills Network to offer all schools that purchase our Whole Staff programmes the opportunity to access additional Level 2 Distance Learning courses in a variety of related topics. Not only can school staff benefit from the accredited programmes, but parents can also access them – free of charge.
- Read more information on our Level 2 Distance Learning Enhancing Training page
Prices start from just £400 for a whole staff, two hour workshop, with bespoke packages and discounts on larger numbers available. Individual places costing £35 per person can also be booked on our open courses where applicable. See the ‘Contact Us’ section below for more details.
- “It made me reflect on the children in my class as well as my own child and gave me the time to think of ways to encourage this within my practice. The time to discuss this with my peers was extremely valuable”
- “Very informative session. Feeling inspired” – Teacher
- “Excellent & engaging presentation. Thank you” – Assistant SENCo
New for 2020/21 – Partner Reward Scheme giving you more benefits for accessing our services; including training & license discounts, free resources and webinars.
- Read Partner Reward Scheme document (232KB, PDF)