Mental Health Support for Schools
We understand that these are particularly challenging times for everyone, and particularly schools.
The mental health and wellbeing of your staff, students and parents will be critical during this current climate, and at a time where social distancing will create a barrier to the typical support and guidance schools will provide to their students.
We are here to help you and your school community during this difficult time. As well as our counselling support, advice and training, we have also produced a supporting document that you may find useful to share with parents, young people and staff about mental health support. Click here to download the document.
In addition you may like to consider our digital tool that provides 24/7 self help tools for staff, students (aged 11+) and parents. For more details, click here
We are thinking creatively about how we can support schools during this time including online services, so if you would like to contact us to discuss your needs, please call 01733 373187 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
YMCA has been supporting young people in the UK for over 150 years. During the last 30 years we have developed extensive expertise in positive mental wellbeing which builds on our world-leading physical health programmes. These programmes address whole setting needs through one or more of the following:
- Well-Being Audits and Consultations to understand your bespoke needs and priorities
- Training for staff and parents
- Clinical interventions for those that need support including counselling, therapy, drop-ins, mentoring and group work
- Peer support and awareness programmes
- A NHS approved 24/7 self-help app for staff and students
- Staff well-being support programmes including counselling, supervision and self-care
How does YMCA Menu of Services work?
YMCA Menu of Services was designed to offer schools and partners a range of services to improve the physical, emotional and psychological well-being of young people in their care. We appreciate that this will vary between organisations, according to the demographics of young people using them. For this reason, we have arranged our services so that you can select the ingredients that will best address their needs.
The YMCA Menu of Services allows you to:
- Identify, measure and address multiple physical, psychological and emotional needs of children and young people in one comprehensive package of support
- Receive professional advice on the types of support you need, amount, and in what order
- Create a bespoke package of support tailored to your needs
- Concentrate on your curriculum or other priorities, confident that these additional priorities are being managed appropriately
- Receive information on the impact the services are making, both within your organisation, as well as across the spectrum of the YMCA Menu of Services
- Discuss particular needs even if they don’t fit with the current list of options (e.g. consultancy packages, training and other interventions).
- Develop a positive well-being culture to enable all children, young people and staff to thrive
Since its inception in April 2015, our Menu of Services programme has provided:
- interventions to almost 100 schools and 1000 children;
- and provided training to over 2000 staff in 300 schools
Our reach and expertise using evidence based practice and fully qualified professionals, has enabled us to become one of the leading providers of mental health services locally, with links to statutory services creating approved status and aligning our work to local priorities and gaps in existing provision.
Our other mental health support pages
- 97% of schools would recommend the service and training
- 100% schools saw an overall improvement in children and young people as a result of therapeutic interventions
- 100% of schools rated the workers professionalism and knowledge as good or excellent
- 97% of staff learned more as a result of training and 98% said it was relevant to their role
“We are really impressed with the service. Our pupils showed a real change in their feelings”– Head Teacher
“I’m so grateful that you made the effort to contact the school! I’m very grateful to you for the time and effort you have put in to try and help me! A massive thank you to you”. – Parent.
“Thank you for enabling us to provide this extremely worthwhile service to our school community. Very much appreciated” – SENCO.
“Thank you for everything we have received this year so far. The counselling has been incredible and we have seen so much progress in our children.” – Deputy Head.
“I feel the sessions have been really valuable and I’ve really appreciated the feedback to school regarding the pupil which allows us to help her more, Thank you!” – Class Teacher.
“I just wanted to feedback on the group sessions that finished last week. The children have loved taking part and many parents have thanked me as they can see a real difference in their children.” – Deputy Head.
“It made me reflect on the children in my class as well as my own child & gave me the time to think of ways to encourage this within my practice. The time to discuss this with my peers was extremely valuable” – EYFS Teacher.