Support for Schools – Menu of Services (MOS)
What is The Menu of Services?
It’s a widely known statistic – on average, three children in every school classroom suffer with mental health issues.
YMCA has recently launched a new research report which goes one step further, looking into the stigma associated with mental health among young people.
In partnership with NHS England, our research through the #IAmWhole campaign found that more than one in three young people with mental health difficulties experience stigma. Of those young people, more than a third say it happens at least once a week, and 54% say it originates from their own friends.
In response to these staggering statistics and using its 30 years of experience in mental health, YMCA Trinity Group has launched new in-school services for schools and partners to improve the physical, emotional and psychological well-being of young people.
Existing support channels are overwhelmed with demand, and the new YMCA Trinity Group offer provides a sustainable route for schools to continue to support pupils in the face of budget cuts.
The scheme has already seen huge success in Cambridgeshire and Northamptonshire since its launch in April 2015 with over 57 schools signing up, enabling 550 children and young people to receive over 4,600 hours of interventions, and training for over 250 staff and 150 young people.
YMCA Trinity Group is committed to helping create supportive, inclusive and transforming communities where young people can truly belong, contribute and thrive.
YMCA Menu of Services offers schools and partners a range of services to improve the physical, emotional and psychological well-being of young people in their care. This enables vulnerable children and young people to get the help they need quicker.
For our latest newsletter please click here
How Does it Work?
YMCA Menu of Services was designed to offer schools and partners a range of services to improve the physical, emotional and psychological well-being of young people in their care. We appreciate that this will vary between organisations, according to the demographics of young people using them. For this reason, we have arranged our services so that you can select the ingredients that will best address their needs.
The YMCA Menu of Services allows you to:
- Identify, measure and address multiple physical, psychological and emotional needs of children and young people in one comprehensive package of support
- Receive professional advice on the types of support you need, amount, and in what order
- Create a bespoke package of support tailored to your needs
- Concentrate on your curriculum or other priorities, confident that these additional priorities are being managed appropriately
- Receive information on the impact the services are making, both within your organisation, as well as across the spectrum of the YMCA Menu of Services
- Discuss particular needs even if they don’t fit with the current list of options (e.g. consultancy packages, training and other interventions).
- Develop a positive well-being culture to enable all children, young people and staff to thrive
“We are really impressed with the service. Our pupils showed a real change in their feelings”
– Head Teacher
97% of schools would recommend the service and training
100% schools saw an overall improvement in children and young people as a result of therapeutic interventions
100% of schools rated the workers professionalism and knowledge as good or excellent
97% of staff learned more as a result of training and 98% said it was relevant to their role
For more information or to discuss your needs, please click on one of the boxes above or contact YMCA Menu of Services:
T 01733 373 187
For the full guide to our services click here