Mental Health Services
Who do we support?
YMCA has been supporting young people in the UK and across the world for over 150 years. During the last 35 years we have developed extensive expertise in positive mental wellbeing which builds on our world-leading physical health programmes.
Our primary focus is to support children and young people, but also the people and communities around them. To this extent, we take a holistic approach to support, working with whole organisations, as well as young people and their parents and carers to help develop a positive wellbeing culture.
Much of our work to date has been with schools and educational settings, but due to demand, we are now supporting a range of other audiences. Click the links below for more details and to keep up to date with what is available.
We are also constantly looking to work with other organisations and develop partnerships to benefit local communities, so please do get in touch if there is something else you are interested in!
Schools & Education settings
These programmes address whole setting needs through one or more of the following:
- Whole setting approaches including self-assessments, policy and strategy development using evidence-based tools
- Training for staff and parents, including free webinars
- Clinical services for those that need support including counselling, therapy, drop-ins, mentoring and group work (children aged 5+, staff and parents)
- Flexible provision either face to face or using online/telephone platforms as agreed
- Peer support, PSHE and awareness programmes
- Staff wellbeing support programmes including counselling, supervision and self-care tools
The services we provide will allow you to:
- Identify, measure and address the social, emotional and mental health needs of the whole setting
- Create a bespoke package of support tailored to your needs
- Develop a positive wellbeing culture to enable all children, young people, staff and families to thrive
- Be signposted to a range of services and sources of further information
Our available services:
- We have a proven track record of delivering high quality, evidence based programmes and are a member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Many of our services are locally approved or commissioned by statutory organisations including local authorities, trusts and the Dfe (click here for details of some of our partners)
- We are members of key local strategic networks (including Fullscope) and represent the third sector in educational advisory groups.
- Programme content meets local priorities and government requirements such as those from Ofsted, Health Education framework and DfE guidance tools
- We tailor our work to your needs, allowing people to receive the right support, at the right time, and in the right amount
- We use clinical assessment and outcome measures to help monitor provision and track progress
- We have a partner reward scheme offering more support, advice and discounts on services