Mental Health Services
YMCA has been supporting young people in the UK and across the world for over 150 years. During the last 35 years we have developed extensive expertise in positive mental wellbeing which builds on our world-leading physical health programmes.
These programmes address whole setting needs through one or more of the following:
- Whole setting approaches including self-assessments, policy and strategy development using evidence-based tools
- Training for staff and parents, including free webinars
- Clinical services for those that need support including counselling, therapy, drop-ins, mentoring and group work (children aged 5+, staff and parents)
- Flexible provision either face to face or using online/telephone platforms as agreed
- Peer support, PSHE and awareness programmes
- Staff wellbeing support programmes including counselling, supervision and self-care tools
The services we provide will allow you to:
- Identify, measure and address the social, emotional and mental health needs of the whole setting
- Create a bespoke package of support tailored to your needs
- Develop a positive wellbeing culture to enable all children, young people, staff and families to thrive
- Be signposted to a range of services and sources of further information
Information about the services available:
Find out more about our partnership with Fullscope. The overarching aim of Fullscope is to work collaboratively to enable communities to raise happier, healthier children who are resilient and empowered in their mental well-being. Fullscope believes that young people, their families and their communities need to be centred in the planning and designing of mental health services.
Who do we cater for?
Our primary focus is to support children and young people, but also the people and communities around them. To this extent, we take a holistic approach to support, working with the whole setting to help develop a positive wellbeing culture.
Organisations we work with include:
- Schools & Trusts
- Educational Partnerships
- Early Years Settings
- Local authorities
- Health organisations
- We have a proven track record of delivering high quality, evidence based programmes and are a member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Many of our services are locally approved or commissioned by statutory organisations including local authorities, trusts and the Dfe (click here for details of some of our partners)
- We are members of key local strategic networks (including Fullscope) and represent the third sector in educational advisory groups.
- Programme content meets local priorities and government requirements such as those from Ofsted, Health Education framework and DfE guidance tools
- We tailor our work to your needs, allowing people to receive the right support, at the right time, and in the right amount
- We use clinical assessment and outcome measures to help monitor provision and track progress
- We have a partner reward scheme offering more support, advice and discounts on services
“I just wanted to thank you for the staff training. Everybody commented on how uplifted and motivated they felt following your training. It’s not often that we have training in school which receives such positive feedback from all members of staff, so I felt like I needed to let you know” – Head Teacher
“When I was angry, you (therapist) helped me. I don’t stomp out of the classroom so much anymore. I liked coming because it helped me. I’m a bit better than I was before, like I’m not running out of the classroom anymore.” – Child
“I am delighted that so many staff from schools and early years settings have already accessed and positively responded to the training that the YMCA Trinity Group has delivered.” – The Chair of the Fenland and East Cambridgeshire Opportunity Area Partnership Board