Mental Health Services
Who do we support?
YMCA has been supporting young people in the UK and across the world for over 150 years.
During the last 35 years we have developed extensive expertise in positive mental wellbeing which builds on our world-leading physical health programmes.
Our primary focus is to support not only children and young people, but also the people and communities around them.
We take a holistic approach to support, working with whole organisations, young people, their parents and carers to help develop a positive wellbeing culture.
We are specialists in the schools and education settings but we also support a range of other audiences.
Click the links below for more details and to keep up to date with what is available.
We are also constantly looking to work with other organisations and develop partnerships to benefit local communities, so please do get in touch if there is something else you are interested in!
Schools & Education settings
These programmes address whole setting needs through one or more of the following:
- Whole setting approaches including self-assessments, policy and strategy development using evidence-based tools
- Training for staff and parents, including free webinars
- Clinical services for those that need support including counselling, therapy, drop-ins, mentoring and group work (children aged 5+, staff and parents)
- Flexible provision either face to face or using online/telephone platforms as agreed
- Peer support, PSHE and awareness programmes
- Staff wellbeing support programmes including counselling, supervision and self-care tools
The services we provide will allow you to:
- Identify, measure and address the social, emotional and mental health needs of the whole setting
- Create a bespoke package of support tailored to your needs
- Develop a positive wellbeing culture to enable all children, young people, staff and families to thrive
- Be signposted to a range of services and sources of further information
Our available services:
- We have a proven track record of delivering high quality, evidence based programmes and are a member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
- Many of our services are locally approved or commissioned by statutory organisations including local authorities, trusts and the Dfe (click here for details of some of our partners)
- We are members of key local strategic networks (including Fullscope) and represent the third sector in educational advisory groups.
- Programme content meets local priorities and government requirements such as those from Ofsted, Health Education framework and DfE guidance tools
- We tailor our work to your needs, allowing people to receive the right support, at the right time, and in the right amount
- We use clinical assessment and outcome measures to help monitor provision and track progress
- We have a partner reward scheme offering more support, advice and discounts on services
We’ve received fantastic feedback from clients we’ve worked with, ranging from children and parents, to senior leaders and commissioners. Here are just a few examples:
“The workshops are interactive and actively invite the attendees to reflect on practice and acknowledge the further development points addressed in the training. We are seeing a growing need around poor mental health and it has been incredibly helpful to have access to these training opportunities. We have already booked three sessions for the upcoming academic year as a result of the positive feedback from staff and the clear benefits of accessing the expertise YMCA Trinity Group offers.” – KS3 SENCO
“As part of Inspire Education Group’s staff development week we booked YMCA Trinity Group to deliver a Staff Wellbeing workshop.
The session was excellent and enabled staff to develop their own knowledge of how to support their own wellbeing which was highly relevant to them within their roles in the FE sector. The trainer was both knowledgeable and confident and the session was delivered in an accessible and enjoyable way. I would highly recommend YMCA Trinity and will look towards them delivering further sessions to support our staff.” – Vice Principal
“YMCA Trinity Group are a well-recognised provider within the local area and have been a key partner regarding children’s mental health, as well as been commissioned by Cambridgeshire and Peterborough on a number of occasions to deliver a range of mental-health based provision. In addition to this, they have played a prominent role within various strategic and operational working groups to improve provision and support across the system.
Throughout the commissioning relationship, they have been timely and transparent regarding progress and their efficiency in meeting time-scales to a high-quality standard has been nothing short of excellent – a strong commissioner-provider relationship has been built and is underpinned by professionalism, open dialogue and flexibility.” – Children’s Commissioning Manager, Public Health
“All of our staff completed training on Mental Health, resilience and practical strategies to support pupils in the classroom. Staff now feel more confident in how they respond if a young person is in a heightened state and needs support. The tools shared are being used by many teachers and support staff to calm pupils down when they are upset, anxious and angry. The training was well received by our support staff who commented that they also felt that this was useful learning to help reflect on their own, and their families’ wellbeing.” – Deputy Principal
“When I was angry, you (therapist) helped me. I don’t stomp out of the classroom so much anymore. I liked coming because it helped me, I’m a bit better than I was before, like I’m not running out of the classroom anymore.” – Child
“I refer a lot of students to the counselling service and it’s great to see even the most introvert and hard to reach engaging with your therapist. It is an invaluable service for us.” – Learning Support Co-ordinator
“I just wanted to thank you for the staff training. Everybody commented on how uplifted and motivated they felt following your training. It’s not often that we have training in school which receives such positive feedback from all members of staff, so I felt like I needed to let you know.” – Head Teacher
“I am very grateful to you for the time and effort you have put in to try and help me! A massive thank you.” – Parent
“I am delighted that so many staff from schools and early years settings have already accessed and positively responded to the training that YMCA Trinity Group has delivered.” – The Chair of the Fenland and East Cambridgeshire Opportunity Area Partnership Board
“This was a really great session – the Trainer was engaging, reassuring completely knowledgeable and simulating. I left the session feeling far more informed, inspired and like I had learnt a lot. Thank you.” – Trainee Teacher