YMCA Primary Therapists / Secondary Counsellors
|Pay:||£20-23 per session (Level 3), £20-30ph (Level 4 – 120hrs experience) depending on the role you undertake|
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity in your Counselling or Therapy Career? Looking for an organisation who can offer great benefits and regular work during the school day? The YMCA Menu of Services offers 1:1 therapy and early intervention programmes (group work, mentoring, family work) to children and young people aged between 5 & 18. We provide therapeutic and non-therapeutic interventions for children and young people who have social, emotional and behavioural difficulties and support for schools to develop well-being strategies. Due to demand, we are now looking to expand the service across neighbouring areas, and require more therapists to cover therapeutic and non-therapeutic programmes, across the region. We are also looking for counsellors that can work with school staff, including 1to1 and drop-in sessions. You will also have the opportunity to become one of our sessional trainers to deliver our existing portfolio of mental health training to teachers or workshops and assemblies to students (presentation experience required).
You should have the following qualities:
- Previous experience of working with children
- Have a minimum of: Certificate in Therapeutic Play, or had some training in play or arts based therapy alongside a L4 in Counselling (Primary School work); or have a L4 in Child & Adolescent Therapeutic Counselling (Secondary school work) or equivalent
- Be registered with PTUK, BAPT, BACP or equivalent having obtained a minimum of 120 hours of clinical experience, and with a clinical supervisor
- Be able to travel as required for the role
- Be able to work on a self-employed basis during the day for the duration of each school contract
- Demonstrate a commitment to continued CPD (min. 30 hours pa)
Days and hours
The working hours are TBA.
Salary and benefits
The salary for this role is £20-23 per session (Level 3), £20-30ph (Level 4 – 120hrs experience) depending on the role you undertake. We also offer the following benefits:
- £30ph to deliver teacher training
- Access to free training opportunities and peer/management support
- Potential for regular blocks of work (i.e. 3-6 sessions per day)
The shortlisting for this role will begin on 5 May. Interviews are arranged for 3 June.
Alternatively, you can download and complete a word version of the application form (113KB, Word).
We would be grateful if you could also complete our Equality and Diversity Form (109KB, Word).
Please forward to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to:
YMCA Trinity Group
YMCA Trinity Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and expects all staff to share this commitment.