YMCA Primary Therapists / Secondary Counsellors
|Pay||£20-23 per session (Level 3), £20-30ph (Level 4 – 120hrs experience) depending on the role you undertake|
|Deadline||Ongoing but early application will give greater access to work opportunities.|
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity in your Counselling or Therapy Career? Looking for an organisation who can offer great benefits and regular work during the school day? The YMCA Menu of Services offers 1:1 therapy and early intervention programmes (group work, mentoring, family work) to children and young people aged between 5 & 18. We provide therapeutic and non-therapeutic interventions for children and young people who have social, emotional and behavioural difficulties and support for schools to develop well-being strategies. Due to demand, we are now looking to expand the service across neighbouring areas, and require more therapists to cover therapeutic and non-therapeutic programmes, across the region. We are also looking for counsellors that can work with school staff, including 1to1 and drop-in sessions. You will also have the opportunity to become one of our sessional trainers to deliver our existing portfolio of mental health training to teachers or workshops and assemblies to students (presentation experience required).
You should have the following qualities:
– Previous experience of working with children
– Have a minimum of: Certificate in Therapeutic Play, or had some training in play or arts based therapy alongside a L4 in Counselling (Primary School work); or have a L4 in Child & Adolescent Therapeutic Counselling (Secondary school work) or equivalent
– Be registered with PTUK, BAPT, BACP or equivalent having obtained a minimum of 120 hours of clinical experience, and with a clinical supervisor
– Be able to travel as required for the role
– Be able to work on a self-employed basis during the day for the duration of each school contract
– Demonstrate a commitment to continued CPD (min. 30 hours pa)
In return we can offer;
- £20-23 per session (Level 3), £20-30ph (Level 4 – 120hrs experience) depending on the intervention provided and number of sessions per day
- £30ph to deliver teacher training
- Access to FREE training opportunities and peer/management support
- Potential for regular blocks of work (i.e. 3-6 sessions per day)
This is an ongoing recruitment process with bi-monthly shortlisting taking place, applications are reviewed at the end of each period.
For more information please see the Job Description.
Please forward to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to:
YMCA Trinity Group
Please make sure you clearly highlight on your application how you meet the person specification, provide evidence of your professional membership and dates qualifications were achieved.
YMCA Trinity Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and expects all staff to share this commitment.