YMCA Primary Therapists / Secondary Counsellors
|Pay:||£20-25 per session (Level 3), £20-30ph (Level 4 – 120hrs experience) depending on the role you undertake|
|Location:||Various schools – Peterborough, Northants, Cambs, Suffolk (within 30mile radius from your location).|
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity in your Counselling or Therapy Career? Looking for an organisation who can offer great benefits and regular work during the school day? The YMCA Menu of Services offers 1:1 therapy and early intervention programmes (group work, mentoring, family work) to children and young people aged between 5 & 18. We provide therapeutic and non-therapeutic interventions for children and young people who have social, emotional and behavioural difficulties and support for schools to develop well-being strategies. Due to demand, we are now looking to expand the service across neighbouring areas, and require more therapists to cover therapeutic and non-therapeutic programmes, across the region. We are also looking for counsellors that can work with school staff, including 1to1 and drop-in sessions. You will also have the opportunity to become one of our sessional trainers to deliver our existing portfolio of mental health training to teachers or workshops and assemblies to students (presentation experience required).
You should have the following qualities:
- Previous experience of working with children
- Have a minimum of: Certificate in Therapeutic Play, or had some training in play or arts based therapy alongside a L4 in Counselling (Primary School work); or have a L4 in Child & Adolescent Therapeutic Counselling (Secondary school work) or equivalent
- Be registered with PTUK, BAPT, BACP or equivalent having obtained a minimum of 120 hours of clinical experience, and with a clinical supervisor
- Be able to travel as required for the role
- Be able to work on a self-employed basis during the day for the duration of each school contract
- Demonstrate a commitment to continued CPD (min. 30 hours pa)
Days and hours
The working hours are TBA.
Salary and benefits
- In return we can offer;
- £20-£25ph for sessional work or £16ph for day rate work (Certificate in Therapeutic Play)
- £25-£30 for sessional work or £20ph for day rate work (Diploma in Play Therapy or min Level 4 in Counselling)
- Rates depend on the intervention provided and number of sessions per day
- £30ph to deliver staff training
- Access to FREE training opportunities and peer/management support
- Potential for regular blocks of work (i.e. 3-6 sessions per day)
Please note: You are required to have a current Enhanced DBS which covers both Child & Adult Workforce, covered by the DBS Update Service. If you do not have this we would be able to facilitate this.
This is an ongoing recruitment process with bi-monthly shortlisting taking place, so your application will be reviewed
at the end of each period.
Alternatively, you can download and complete a word version of the application form (113KB, Word).
We would be grateful if you could also complete our Equality and Diversity Form (109KB, Word).
Please forward to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to:
YMCA Trinity Group
YMCA Trinity Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and expects all staff to share this commitment.