YMCA Primary Therapists / Secondary Counsellors
|Pay:||£20-£30 per session|
|Location:||Various schools – Peterborough, Northants, Cambs, Suffolk (within 30mile radius from your location).|
|Deadline:||There is no deadline as recruitment for this role is ongoing.|
YMCA Trinity Group strives to create a fulfilling and enjoyable place to work; we know how staff & volunteers feel directly translates to the quality of service & care we give our clients, and we also recognise the crucial role each and every one of us plays in helping to fulfil our Mission.
Our Mental Health Programme Team offer a range of mental health services for schools and other settings including counselling, therapy, staff training and whole school approaches.
“Counselling for YMCA is amazing and I would highly recommend it, with every day being different. The charity works across many settings providing an opportunity for personal development, growth, challenges, rewards; at the same time knowing that you are supported by a very strong team and organisation. As a counsellor, you can sometimes feel like an island, this is not the case with YMCA, with invites to attend CPD, meetings and peer supervision, you are part of a family and are valued.” Michele
For our teams we will ensure our policies and procedures are truly inclusive and work to ensure our environment is a place where everyone can thrive.
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity in your Counselling or Therapy Career? Looking for an organisation who can offer great benefits and regular work during the school day?
Our Mental Health service offers 1:1 therapy and early intervention programmes (group work, mentoring, family work) to children and young people aged between 5 & 18. We provide therapeutic and non-therapeutic interventions for children and young people who have social, emotional and behavioural difficulties and support for schools to develop well-being strategies.
Due to demand, we are now looking to expand the service and require more therapists and counsellors to cover therapeutic and non-therapeutic programmes, across the region. We are also looking for people that can work with school staff, including 1to1 and drop-in sessions. You will also have the opportunity to become one of our sessional trainers to deliver our existing portfolio of mental health training to teachers or workshops and assemblies to students (presentation experience required).
Current work opportunities include:
- 1 day a week in each of Ipswich, Woodbridge and Eye/Halesworth areas (primary schools)
- Various half day or full day a week vacancies in Peterborough and Cambridge areas (primary and secondary schools)
- Various short-term support across Cambridgeshire & Suffolk (primary and secondary schools
Skills and Experience
In summary, the successful applicant will have the following qualities:
- Previous experience of working with children
- Have a minimum of: Certificate in Therapeutic Play, or had some training in play or arts based therapy alongside a L4 in Counselling (Primary School work); or have a L4 in Child & Adolescent Therapeutic Counselling (Secondary school work) or equivalent
- Be registered with PTUK, BAPT, BACP or equivalent having obtained a minimum of 120 hours of clinical experience, and with a clinical supervisor
- Be able to travel as required for the role
- Be able to work on a self-employed basis during the day for the duration of each school contract
- Demonstrate a commitment to continued CPD (min. 30 hours pa)
Please note: You are required to have a current and satisfactory Enhanced DBS certificate which covers; the Adult Workforce for supervision and Child & Adult Workforce for counselling work. Your DBS certificate should be registered with the DBS Update Service. If you do not have a DBS certificate which meets the criteria set out above, we would be able to facilitate a DBS Application for you, at your cost.
Unless stated otherwise, we do require an application form, completed in full, should you wish to be considered for a role with YMCA Trinity Group. Applications are scored against the relevant job description. CV’s will not be considered as an application.
Occasionally we fill a role sooner than expected, we reserve the right to withdraw vacancies before an advertised closing date. Early application is advised. An email will be sent to confirm receipt of applications, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have a problem submitting your application.
Please read our job description:
Therapist Job Description (256KB, PDF)
Salary and Benefits
In return we can offer:
- £20-£30 per hour (Level 4 or above)
- Or £16-£25 per hour for Junior roles (e.g. Certificate in Therapeutic Play)
- Rates depend on the intervention provided and number of sessions per day
- £30 per hour to deliver staff training
- Regular networking meetings
- Peer support sessions
- Free and subsidised CPD
- Free resources
- Subsidised group supervision
- Flexible work patterns to suit your availability
Please note: You are required to have a current Enhanced DBS which covers both Child & Adult Workforce, covered by the DBS Update Service. If you do not have this we would be able to facilitate this.
There is no deadline as recruitment for this role is ongoing (although we will shortlist applications as and when they are received so early application is advised). Interviews will be by arrangement.
*Occasionally our emails will go into a Spam / Junk file, we suggest you check this from time to time if you are waiting to hear back from us.
We would be grateful if you could also complete our Equality and Diversity Form.
If you are having trouble completing your online job application please contact email@example.com and a member of our HR Team will be able to assist you.
YMCA Trinity Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and expects all staff to share this commitment.