Train the Trainer – Delivering Parent & Student Workshops
This one day course is designed to discuss a range of workshops and resources you can use to raise awareness amongst all students and parents. It enables schools to run many of the workshops identified here themselves – thus saving you money and equipping you with the tools to raise awareness in your setting.
As with our other Train The Trainer courses, you will leave with a training manual and trainer notes to guide you through delivery of a range of one off workshops. You can adapt and deliver these to parents and students aged 10 and over as part of PSHE provision, or to use for well-being awareness programmes, assemblies or parent briefings.
- Increasing access to resources in order to raise awareness of mental health across parent/carers and wider student populations
- A toolkit of tools and theories to underpin this work
- Applying knowledge to deliver pre-written awareness workshops on a range of topics for PSHE curriculum or ongoing parental engagement programmes
- Receive follow-up clinical support, on-going updates and resources, peer support opportunities and further advice through the licensing arrangement -plus access to direct clinical interventions for those in most need.
- Increased understanding of the scientific theory underpinning raising awareness of mental health amongst parents/carers and all students
- Increased capacity to fulfil roles and responsibilities in creating a positive mental health culture using a whole school approach
- Build confidence in delivering workshops to parents and students.
- An introduction to Mental Health
- Reducing stigma
- Body image and self esteem
- Food and mood
- Physical activity and stress busting
Raising awareness of:
The annual licence fee includes all of the following:
- Unlimited use of the materials in your school – you can deliver our programmes and access our resources for three years (min commitment in order to effectively implement)
- Free annual refresher training (during three year licence)
- Up to two new places free for additional staff each year
- Free recordings of training included to watch anytime during the licence period (where available)
- Tried and tested resources and materials based on sound research
- Regular updates – we do all the research and find the most useful resources for you, saving you time and money. We will also source additional materials and content as necessary, based on your feedback
- Peer support – our licensing agreement and annual refreshers allow schools to share good practice. We will also facilitate peer support opportunities, so you can always access additional help
- Clinical support and advice – our dedicated service means you can contact us if you have any questions about the material. We will offer support and signpost you to additional resources, so help is always on hand.
Course cost: £150 per person (+ VAT) (2nd person free)
Alternatively we can deliver this course in-house at £900+VAT and expenses plus the setting licence fee for up to 16 delegates.
Banding Codes and Annual License Costs (per setting):
B1. Up to 150 pupils: £300
B2. Up to 300 pupils: £325
B3. Up to 450 pupils: £350
B4. Over 450 pupils: £375
B5. Up to 500 pupils: £400
B6. Up to 1000 pupils: £450
B7. Up to 1500 pupils: £500
B8. Over 1500 pupils: £550
New for 2020/21 – Partner Reward Scheme giving you more benefits for accessing our services; including training & license discounts, free resources and webinars.
- Read Partner Reward Scheme document (232KB, PDF)