Train the Trainer – Delivering Early Interventions
To address the overwhelming tide of negative pressures impacting well-being in both pupils, students and teachers, YMCA has developed a series of Train The Trainer programmes to equip staff with the tools they need to help pupils, students and themselves.
This one day course is designed to provide the theory behind our early intervention group work modules which are currently delivered by trained therapists in schools. Delegates will be taught about the theory underpinning the schemes of work, the importance of teaching resilience in schools and how to deliver interventions using our resources.
You will leave with a training manual and trainer notes to guide you through delivery of the modules. An online resource will give you access to schemes of work, resources and activities to help you share with others in your setting.
- Increasing your awareness and understanding of how to build resilience in children and young people
- A toolkit of tools and theories to underpin this work
- Understanding your roles and responsibilities in creating a positive mental health culture
- Using assessment tools to identify need and suitability
- Applying knowledge to deliver pre-written semi-structured group work resilience programmes to those at risk
- Primary: Separate KS1/2 modules in Emotional Management, Self-Esteem and Confidence, Social Skills and Yr6 Transitions
- Secondary: KS3/4 versions of the above (Inc. Yr7 Transitions), plus KS3/4 Mental Health Awareness Programme covering Introduction, Food and Mood, Stress and Physical Activity, Body Confidence, and where to go for help
- Receive follow-up clinical support, on-going updates and resources, peer support opportunities and further advice through the licensing arrangement – plus access to direct clinical interventions for those in most need.
- Increased understanding of building resilience in children and young people
- Increased understanding of the scientific theory underpinning delivering successful early interventions
- Access to our early intervention group work schemes of work and clinical support
As mentioned, secondary schools and colleges will also have access to additional resources on a range of topics. Please get in touch to find out more.
The annual licence fee includes all of the following:
- Unlimited use of the materials in your school – you can deliver our programmes and access our resources for three years (min commitment in order to effectively implement)
- Free annual refresher training (during three year licence)
- Free recordings of training included to watch anytime during the licence period (where available)
- Tried and tested resources and materials based on sound research
- Regular updates – we do all the research and find the most useful resources for you, saving you time and money. We will also source additional materials and content as necessary, based on your feedback
- Peer support – our licensing agreement and annual refreshers allow schools to share good practice. We will also facilitate peer support opportunities, so you can always access additional help
- Clinical support and advice – our dedicated service means you can contact us if you have any questions about the material. We will offer support and signpost you to additional resources, so help is always on hand.
Course cost: £150 per person (+ VAT) (2nd person free)
Alternatively we can deliver this course in-house at £900+VAT and expenses plus the setting licence fee for up to 16 delegates
Banding Codes and Annual Licence Costs (min 3 years per setting):
B1. Up to 150 pupils: £300
B2. Up to 300 pupils: £325
B3. Up to 450 pupils: £350
B4. Over 450 pupils: £375
B5. Up to 500 pupils: £400
B6. Up to 1000 pupils: £450
B7. Up to 1500 pupils: £500
B8. Over 1500 pupils: £550
Annual renewals beyond the minimum 3 year licence period are £200 for primary schools and £250 for secondary schools.
New for 2020/21 – Partner Reward Scheme giving you more benefits for accessing our services; including training & licence discounts, free resources and webinars.
- Read Partner Reward Scheme document (232KB, PDF)
“This was a really useful course, one of the best I have been on in a long time” – Head Teacher
“Thank you for an informative day. I am excited to begin implementing the programme” – Welfare Manager