Menu of Services – Training Privacy Statement
General Data Protection Regulation
YMCA Trinity Group (“we”, “our”, “us”) is committed to protecting and respecting your personal information. This privacy statement describes how we collect and use personal information about you in relation to Menu of Services. Personal information means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified, and includes identifiers such as a name, an identification number, location data, or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of an individual.
YMCA Trinity Group acts in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (“GDPR”). References in this privacy notice to “personal information” include “personal data” as defined and used in the GDPR.
What information do we collect?
In order to provide you with the services we will collect personal information including your name, gender, logs of training attendance and evaluation responses. We will collect this information either directly from you, or from the school or setting that books your training. We may also take photos, videos or record training for monitoring and marketing purposes. Verbal consent will be re-established at the time of the training or in confirmation details should we be looking to take photos, videos or record training.
By signing the training booking form and/or register, you (or your setting on your behalf) have given your agreement to the processing of this data, in accordance with this notice.
Why do we collect your information?
We need to know information about you, including whether you have attended previous training with us, in order to provide you with services to meet your specific needs. We will not however collect any data from you which we do not need. You may withdraw your agreement to provide us information any time however this will affect your referral onto the project.
What do we do with it?
We will use your personal information to provide the relevant services to you. By signing the booking form and/or register, you (or your setting on your behalf) have agreed to us using your personal information in accordance with this privacy statement.
All personal data we hold about you will be held by the Menu of Services Team (including self-employed staff if appropriate). We are not responsible for the activities of the school or setting that refers you and we would recommend that you speak to them too about how they protect your personal data.
We take all reasonable steps to ensure that your personal data is processed securely and no third parties will access your data, other than in the following situations:
- We may instruct self-employed workers to provide services on our behalf. If a self-employed therapist(s) is working with you, we will share your personal and sensitive information with that worker so that they can provide you with the relevant service.
- Our suppliers or subcontractors may have access to your personal information where this is necessary for the performance of any contract we enter into with them which relates to you or the services we provide to you. For example, to provide us with IT services and support. We will approach them regarding their Privacy Statements if requested.
- Should there be a safeguarding concern, your information will be passed onto the relevant statutory agency and shared with the setting (e.g. school).
- We may also disclose your personal information if we are under a duty to do so to comply with any legal obligation, or to protect the rights, property or safety of YMCA Trinity Group, our staff, or others.
All data is transferred securely and in accordance with our Data Transfer Policy which is available on request.
We collect data to monitor who has accessed the service, so that we can improve provision, and provide aggregated data for monitoring purposes. Individuals cannot be directly identified from this data, but will be able to identify the setting you are from. We will also use quotes from training evaluations for monitoring purposes, which includes your name, setting and role. 36 months after your last training session with us, we will remove the names so that data is processed anonymously. We may use this data in the future for any purpose without further notifying you.
How long do we keep it?
We will generally keep your personal data for up to 36 months from your last completed training session with us. However, we will keep data for monitoring purposes as described above.
Further details are in our Retention Schedule which is available on request.
Virtual training sessions
Where training is provided virtually (e.g. via zoom), you agree to us collecting data by virtue of attending the session. We may also record the training for monitoring purposes, and to enable access to delegates that could not attend. Should we record the training, you will be told of this at the start of the session and it will display that the session is being recorded on your screen. We will also follow provider guidelines and tools to minimise the risk of personal data being recorded. For example, by:
- Only recording audio, the presenter view and any shared screens
- Removing name displays from participants where possible
- Asking those speaking to only use first names where appropriate
- Pausing recording during any confidential discussions or editing this out
- Allowing you to see when recording is taking place
- Removing permissions for other participants to record the training where possible
Under GDPR, in certain circumstances you have the right to:
- See your data, and receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you. To exercise this right, you should to submit a Subject Access Request.
- Request that your data to be removed from our records.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you.
- Object to the processing of your personal data.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal data.
- Request the transfer of your personal data to another party.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please submit your request to Menu of Services, YMCA Trinity Group, The Cresset, Bretton, Peterborough, PE3 8DX
If we are unable to remove all your data (for legal reasons), we will inform you of this in writing, including the reasons why.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (“ICO”). If you have any concerns about the way in which we process personal data, please do contact us. Alternatively, you can contact the ICO. Their contact details are available here: https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/
Changes to our Privacy Statement
We may make changes to this privacy statement and, if we do, we will post an update on our website.
If you have any questions, comments or requests regarding this privacy notice, please contact us:
YMCA Trinity Group
Menu of Services
Bretton Centre, Bretton
Peterborough, PE3 8DX
Tel: 01733 373187