New Mental Health Competency Framework for Schools & Young People
To celebrate Mental Health Awareness Week we have launched a new competency framework based on a tool developed with statutory services to help schools navigate the often complex picture of mental health training. It is designed to guide schools in a structured and methodical way, and equip all staff with the appropriate skills to support the mental health of children and young people.
How to Use the Framework
As we pursue our ambition of helping young people enjoy positive mental health and well-being, we believe that everyone working with young people should have a foundational level of training, and these are listed under Stage 1 (Core/Universal) of the competency framework. From here, individuals can identify trainings from Stage 2 (Enhanced) and 3 (Targeted) according to their role in the setting and developmental need. Have a look at the questions to see what your training needs are and to help you identify any gaps.
Please see our full brochure here with details of all of the training we provide to help you address your needs.
New courses for 2019/20
As well as our hugely popular existing programme, we have added a range of new courses based on needs identified by schools we are working with:
- Attachment – a two hour workshop building on the introduction covered in our foundation module
- Classroom Strategies for Mental Health Support – a two hour workshop looking in more details about strategies you can use to support young people
- Managing Challenging Behaviour – A two hour introductory workshop plus a 2hr bespoke workshop looking at theories behind challenging behaviour
Train The Trainer Courses:
- Delivering Parent & Student Workshops – a one day course to enable you to run your own awareness workshops using evidence based resources
- Delivering the Young Health Champions Level 1 Award – a one day course showing you how to deliver our accredited award to enable peer support programmes to be developed in your setting
To celebrate our new programme, we are offering a 15% introductory discount to any setting that books one of our new or existing courses before 30 June 2019; simply quote ‘MHCF15’ when booking.
Click here for our latest 2019/20 calendar or contact us to arrange your own.
For more information about any of the other services we offer, please click here or contact the office on 01733 373187.