Need Help Now?
If you require immediate support then you can contact:
- NHS Crisis Helpline: Call 111
- Samaritans (24 hour helpline): Call 116 123
- Contact your GP
- Visit your nearest A&E
If you can’t get there call 999.
There are many ways you can help yourself. We have a wealth of resources in our section Feeling Good, Staying Healthy.
If you are in need of emergency housing then our Time Stop project in Peterborough may be able to provide you with a safe place to stay. They provide immediate short term relief for 16-25 year olds.
You can apply by contacting us directly on 01733 891891.
- If you can’t get through the night then you could go to A & E.
- If you can’t get through the next 24 hours you could go to your GP or A & E
- If you are feeling suicidal or you are worried about someone else, contact your GP, the Samaritans (tel: 08457 90 90 90) or visit the Cambridge STOP Suicide website.
Childline is a private and confidential service that is available 24 hours a day for children and young people up to the age of 19, provides signposting and information.
The British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy is a large organisation that many counsellors around the UK are registered with. They’re not only a charity but also an accrediting body that set certain standards and codes of ethics for counsellors and psychotherapists to adhere to. Call 01455 883300.
Young Minds offer confidential online and telephone support including information and advice, to any adult worried about the emotional problems, behaviour or mental health of a child or young person up to the age of 25. There is also a parent helpline 0808 8025544 which is open 9am-4:30pm.
- Single Point of Access Referrals SPA will take referrals from professionals working with young people up to age of 17 (Children and young people aged up to 17, or 18 if they have a learning disability). All referrals to Cambridgeshire Community Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS) should be made to the Single Point of Access within the Cambridgeshire Multi-Agency Referral Unit. You can call 01480 428115 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cambridgeshire and Peterborough NHS Foundation Trust (CPFT) are dedicated to providing high quality care with compassion. They deliver many of the NHS services that are provided outside of hospital and in the community such as physical, mental health and specialist services. We provide integrated physical and mental health services for adults and older people; specialist mental health and learning disability services; children and young people’s mental health services; children’s community services (Peterborough); social care; and ground-breaking research. To find out more about our services visit the NHS website.
Visit our self help section which contains lots of useful information for young people, parents and family members.