Need Help Now?

I need help now

If you need help with a specific area please click on the links below.


Mental Health

Domestic Abuse

If you require immediate support you can contact:

By phone

  • NHS Crisis Helpline: Call 111
  • Samaritans (24 hour helpline): Call 116 123
  • Contact your GP

Also please see links below to other organisations who can offer emergency help and support.

In Person

– Visit you nearest A&E

If you can’t get there call 999


I want to learn about ways to help myself

There are many ways you can help yourself. We have a wealth of resources in our section Feeling Good, Staying Healthy. Please click here to find out more.

Other useful emergency contacts for young people and parents


If you are in need of emergency housing then our Time Stop project in Peterborough may be able to provide you with a safe place to stay. They provide immediate short term relief for 16-25 year olds.

You can apply by contacting us directly on 01733 891891

For further information click here


Mental Health

  • If you can’t get through the night then you could go to A & E.
  • If you can’t get through the next 24 hours you could go to your GP or A & E
  • If you are feeling suicidal or you are worried about someone else, contact your GP, the Samaritans (tel:08457 90 90 90) or visit the Cambridge STOP Suicide website


A private and confidential service for children and young people up to the age of 19, provides signposting and information. Open 24 hours – visit the wesbite


British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy

A large organisation that many counsellors around the UK are registered with. They’re not only a charity but also an accrediting body that set certain standards and codes of ethics for counsellors and psychotherapists to adhere to. Call 01455 883300


Offers confidential online and telephone support including information and advice, to any adult worried about the emotional problems, behaviour or mental health of a child or young person up to the age of 25. PARENT HELPLINE – 0808 8025544 0pen 9am-4:30pm – visit the website



  • Single Point of Access Referrals SPA
    They will take referrals from professionals working with young people up to age of 17. (Children and young people aged up to 17, or 18 if they have a learning disability ) All referrals to Cambridgeshire Community Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS) should be made to the Single Point of Access within the Cambridgeshire Multi-Agency Referral Unit. T 01480 428115, F 01480 428149,
  • Access and Referral Centre ARC (Adults)
    A contact centre operating 24/7 providing a single point of access into CPFT services for GPs and other professional referrers in Cambridgeshire and Peterborough. Please note, the ARC service is not open to members of the public or service users at this time. The ARC has a dedicated team of experienced professional mental health and administrative staff. It receives and processes external referrals to the point of handoff to a CPFT service pathway / team and receives and responds to requests for mental health advice from GPs and other referrers. T 0845 045 0123, E

Visit our self help section which contains lots of useful information for young people, parents and family members.  


Domestic Abuse

Our Respect project works with young people between the ages of 11-25, supporting those affected by domestic abuse.

Please contact or call: 01733 373183 or 07799 901502.

For more information click here