Train The Trainer
The YMCA has been supporting young people in the UK for over 150 years. During the last 30 years it has developed extensive expertise in positive mental wellbeing which builds on its world-leading physical health programmes.
To enable schools to deliver their own non non-clinical staff training and pupil interventions, we have developed a series of training courses to provide resources and support to deliver many of our programmes. Not only is this an extremely cost effective solution, but it will also enable more children to be reached with on-going clinical support, advice and access to the latest resources and updates on a yearly basis.
Train The Trainer courses include the following:
- Mental Health Champion – 3 days: To learn the content, understand roles & responsibilities, and cascade up to 7 workshops to other staff: Building Resilience, Anxiety & Depression, Risk Taking Behaviour, Self-Harm, Substance Misuse, Body Confidence, and Sexual Health
- Delivering Early Interventions– 1 day: To learn the theory behind our group work modules and how to deliver interventions using our resources. Modules include: Emotional Management, Self Esteem & Confidence, Social Skills and Transitions
- Raising Awareness through Parent and Student Workshops – 1 day: How to run a variety of different separate workshops for parents and students to raise awareness of mental health and well-being
- Delivering Health & Well-being Qualifications – 1 day: A look at our accredited Young Health Champion Award resources and how to deliver the programme in your setting.
- Long-term support for specialist health and wellbeing provision in your school
- Massive savings on the cost of direct training delivery (save up to 75% on teacher training if bough separately)
- Expertise from a well-recognised organisation – we have been delivering mental health services locally for 30 years, and we understand the needs of young people. Our trainers are mental health professionals with a wealth of experience
- Direct links to service provision – we can also deliver interventions directly to young people, providing immediate support if a referral is required
- Tailored solutions – all our programmes have been designed based on feedback from schools. We can design new programmes when needs are identified
- Charitable support – by accessing our programmes, you are directly enabling us to support more young people. Any income we receive is put back into providing more services at a local level. We can also help schools with fundraising to provide more direct support in those schools that need it most.
The annual licence fee includes all the following:
- Unlimited use of the materials in your school – by signing up, you can deliver our programmes and access our resources for 3 years (yearly renewal for Mental Health Champions course)
- Tried and tested resources and materials based on sound research
- Regular updates – we do all the research and find the most useful resources for you, saving you time and money. We will also source additional materials and content as necessary, based on your feedback.
- Peer support – our licensing agreement and annual refreshers allow schools to share good practice. We will also facilitate peer support opportunities so you can always access additional help or shadowing.
- Clinical support and advice – our dedicated service means you can contact us if you have any questions about the material. We will offer support – and signpost you to additional information sources, so you aren’t left on your own.
If you are part of a cluster of schools or are a TSA/MAT and want to host your own course or organise one to promote to others, click here or contact us so we can signpost you to your nearest provider. To book a place as a delegate on any of our Train The Trainer courses in the events section, click here
For information about upcoming courses, please click here