How To Get Involved
The mission for The YMCA Menu of Services is to tackle the breadth of physical and psychological well-being issues among children and young people in our area. For this to work, our service must be of a high quality, yet affordable to all who need it.
The YMCA Menu of Services operates a credit system, which allows each organisation to draw down the services that will meet the needs of their cohort.
We also offer additional services such as Mental Health Training.
The YMCA Menu of Services adopts the following structure for any given individual:
*Please note that pupils often require more than this number of sessions, and it would be detrimental to their wellbeing should therapy finish abruptly. Therefore, enough credits should be purchased to increase provision as recommended by the Therapist or Counsellor.
Credit Rates depend on the number of referrals that can be seen on a day and the amount purchased
|Package||No. of sessions per day||Cost per credit||Saving (Based on primary therapy)|
|Purple||Fixed rate at £230 per day*||26%|
*Based on 6.5hrs per day with a min commitment of 39 weeks. Bespoke packages available. Please contact us for more information
Want to help your pupils but are worried about the cost? Need help to raise funds whilst increasing awareness of well-being?
Download our fundraising pack Here
Measuring Our Impact
The YMCA Menu of Services sees a thorough, ongoing evaluation of its impact as crucial in a climate where
budgets are limited and the emotional well-being of young people is paramount. Like you, we want to ensure that the work we do is having an impact, and that all partners and young people see and feel the benefits of this important work. The following diagram shows the process used to create graphs such as that shown below:
- Pre & Post impact assessments completed on recipients
- Case studies prepared and submitted on all areas of learning
- Staff & client feedback forms capture additional data
- Anonymised records of all pre/post assessment score/ Case studies
maintained locally within YMCA
- One central database allows for data to be recorded (and progress measured) on three levels – by individual child; by school/organisation; and across the entire YMCA Menu of Services.
- Anonymised data sets allow for quantitative comparisons to be drawn; as well as scope for qualitative case studies and information from Client Feedback forms.
- Quantitative comparisons with academic performace can be obtained provided schools are prepared to share this data
T 01733 373 187 or 07545 642 792
or write to:
Menu of Services Manager
YMCA Trinity Group