Access to Employment Service
Access to Employment is a project supporting Peterborough Citizens on their journey towards employment, education or training.
The project has no age limit and can work with people 1:1 from any background or individual circumstances. We provide a unique and flexible service to be able to work with people efficiently and effectively.
We offer a range of support including
- CV writing
- Local employment opportunities
- Supported job searching and application form writing
- Interview techniques
- Confidence building
Where we work
- Seetec – Work Programme. Assisting hard to help customers who are long term benefit claimants.
- Peterborough Prison – We run a session for female prisoners who are due for release. This session focuses on CV writing, applying for work and how to disclose a criminal record.
- Genesis Housing – Drop in employment and benefits service to the residents of Mayors Walk Supported Housing
- Axiom – Drop in employment and benefits service to the residents of Fairview Court supported housing.
- Peterborough Foyer – Drop in service for residents of Axiom Foyer
- Outside Links – Drop in service for clients who have just been released from prison. Here we help with CV’s and applying for work.
- YMCA Time stop – Dedicated advisor for the residents of Time stop Hostel. We run a Wednesday evening jobs club for the residents to co-inside with their chaotic lifestyles.
- Carezone – Supporting the charity with their workshop staff, the majority of people who work there are on volunteering or work placements from the Job Centre. Here we work with the clients who are due to finish and support them in applying for paid work.
- Citizens Advice Bureau- We have linked in with Peterborough Citizens Advice Bureau and are registered on their “referent” online service. Over 30 outside agencies are all connected to be able to support the client and signpost to other agencies to manage barriers. Eg housing, debt. We are used as an Employment service and have helped fill in job applications, interview practice and CV writing.
- Tackling Worklessness in Peterborough – We are part of the TWIP group which sees local agencies come together and access the worklessness situation in Peterborough and plan events to be able to meet identified needs in the community.
- Westwood Jobs Club – We support a weekly jobs club in Westwood, run by Cross Key Homes. We support with all employment help.
- The Skills Service – We attend events run by the Skills Service which enables us to work in schools and work with young people who are due to leave school or think about their options. We have worked in The Peterborough School. Thomas Deacon Academy, Arthur Mellows School, Kings School, Deepings School and the Voyager.
A2E Service Benefits:
- Builds confidence
- Plans job search
- Reduces homelessness
- Reduces sanctions
- One dedicated advisor through the journey
- Flexible appointment times to co-inside with chaotic lifestyles
- An available pool of people actively seeking employment
- A direct point of contact for opportunities to be advertised around the city with no cost
- Able to recruit for positions, similar to an agency but free of charge.
- Encouragement for people to actively volunteer and contribute to their local community
- The project supports all of the community with employment and training needs
- Gives more people support into positive activities
Since January 2015, we have
- Engaged with 687 people
- Written, updated and strengthened 483 CV’s
- Delivered interview techniques to 104 people
- Supported over 150 job applications
If you think you, or someone you know, need extra support in employment searching, or want to seek guidance please phone us on 07812 656 418 or email firstname.lastname@example.org