Introduction to Mental Health Workshop
The Introduction to Mental Health workshop is our foundation module, suitable for all adults. This workshop will help those who work with children to understand how mental health conditions can develop, how these difficulties can present and the impact this can have on learning. Delegates will leave with practical strategies to use in their setting.
Delivered by clinical professionals, this two hour workshop provides delegates with an overview of mental health theory. It acts as a baseline to which further training can be added from our enhanced training portfolio of courses. We strongly believe that all staff should be given access to this basic training and not just those that have a lead role in the setting. The workshop will provide practical tools for adults to increase their understanding of the experiences of the children in their care and consider a range of strategies for managing areas of concern. Delegates will leave feeling better equipped and more confident to offer solutions and identify those that need support.
- To understand how young people can develop a mental health condition and how these difficulties can present
- To understand what impact a mental health condition can have on a child’s ability to learn
- What you can do to help children and yourselves
To give more people the opportunity to develop their understanding, we have teamed up with The Skill Network to offer all schools that purchase our Whole Staff programmes the opportunity to access additional Level 2 Distance Learning courses in a variety of related topics. Not only can school staff benefit from the accredited programmes, but parents can also access them – free of charge.
- Read more information on our Level 2 Distance Learning Enhancing Training page
- “A great introduction with good overview of Mental Health. Super practical strategies”
- “Very interesting and informative thanks”
- “A fantastic and informative training session that really helped me understand mental health for children”
- “Trainer mixed science, research and own personal experiences to create session – very informative”
- “Trainer’s expertise and passion really came across when he talked about attachment and how to support children” – Teacher
- “A fantastic and informative training session that really helped me understand mental health for children” – Teacher
To book please call 01733 373187 or email email@example.com.