Introduction to Anxiety and Depression
The Anxiety and Depression workshop is suitable for any adults in regular contact with young people experiencing difficulties in this area. Recent years have seen a significant increase in the number of children and young adults reporting problems such as anxiety and depression and this workshop is based on the latest research to increase your confidence in using evidence-based strategies to use in your setting.
Delivered by clinical professionals, this two hour workshop explores the risk factors for anxiety and depression and how to recognize signs of these mental health issues in children and young people. The workshop will provide practical tools that staff can share with their setting to effectively support children and young people to help them engage with learning. Delegates will leave feeling better equipped and more confident to identify those that need support and offer solutions.
This course also forms part of our three day Mental Health Champions Train the Trainer programme.
- To gain a better understanding of the symptoms and signs of anxiety and depression
- To explore how to manage disclosures of anxiety and depression
- To identify practical strategies to support young people
To give more people the opportunity to develop their understanding, we have teamed up with The Skills Network to offer all schools that purchase our Whole Staff programmes the opportunity to access additional level 2 distance learning courses in a variety of related topics. Not only can school staff benefit from the accredited programmes, but parents can also access them – free of charge.
- Read more information on our Level 2 Distance Learning Enhancing Training page
Prices start from just £400 for a whole staff, two hour workshop, with bespoke packages and discounts on larger numbers available. Individual places costing £35 per person can also be booked on our open courses where applicable. See the ‘Contact Us’ section below for more details.
- “Helpful & reinforced the strategies and help I have been given”
- “Wish it was longer. Very good!” – Family Worker
- “Very well delivered and nicely shared” – Teacher