Room Leader (Part-Time / Term Time Only)
|Pay:||£12,191 per year|
|Location:||Initially based at YMCA Childcare Water Lane, Lowestoft, NR32 2NH|
|Hours:||30 hours per week over 5 days, term time only|
|Deadline:||29th October 2021 at Midday|
YMCA Trinity Group strives to create a fulfilling and enjoyable place to work; we know how staff & volunteers feel directly translates to the quality of service & care we give our clients, and we also recognise the crucial role each and every one of us plays in helping to fulfil our Mission.
We are proud of our YMCA Childcare Programme, operating Childcare settings across Suffolk and Cambridgeshire. We are currently recruiting for Room Leader at YMCA Water Lane to work within our 2-5 year old room.
Check out our Facebook page and see what the team at Water Lane have been sharing:
- Are you passionate about making a difference to the lives of children and their families?
- Do you respect the need for being outdoors and could work with the local community?
(We thrive to give children the opportunity to learn about growth and decay at the allotments. We work closely with a local care home to support the well-being of both the residence and our children.)
- Do you have the ability to strongly lead a team, inspire children and provide engaging activities for a variety of ages?
- Can you empathise with parents to ensure they are happy with the care provided?
- Do you act with integrity through your practice, providing the very best for our children and families?
If you can answer yes to all 5 of these questions apply now and believe in your potential.
Skills and Experience
In summary, the successful applicant will have the following qualities:
- Qualified with a relevant Early Years Level 3 qualification, or equivalent
- A minimum of two years post qualifying experience
- Extensive working knowledge of the EYFS
- Experience of managing other people, including volunteers
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent IT skills
- Be motivated to provide high quality Childcare at all times
Please read our job description:
Room Leader Job Description (149KB, PDF)
Salary and Benefits
The salary is for £12,191 per year for Term Time Only contract. Additional benefits we offer include:
- 20% Discount for staff who have children enrolled at YMCA Childcare Nurseries, After School and/or Holiday Clubs
- Competitive rates of pay and pension
- DBS Check Facilitated / Cost Paid
- Induction programme and on the job training opportunities
- Regular supervisions
- Internal progression opportunities
- Employee Assistance Programme
If you would like to discuss this role further, please contact our friendly Childcare Manager at Water Lane: Charlotte. Call 01502 561701 or email Charlotte.Betts@ymcatrinity.org.uk / firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: Occasionally our emails will go into a Spam / Junk file, we suggest you check here if you are expecting to hear back from us.
Please read our Application Guidance (243KB, PDF) for support on applying.
We would be grateful if you could also complete our Equality and Diversity Form.
If you are having trouble completing your online job application please contact email@example.com and a member of our HR Team will be able to assist you.
YMCA Trinity Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Please note YMCA Trinity Group does not have a sponsored Licence to recruit non-UK workers and therefore all candidates are expected to be able to work in the UK.
Unless stated otherwise, we do require an application form, completed in full, should you wish to be considered for a role with YMCA Trinity Group. Applications are scored against the relevant job description. CV’s will be considered as an expression of interest in a role only.
Occasionally we fill a role sooner than expected, we reserve the right to withdraw vacancies before an advertised closing date. Early application is advised. An email will be sent to confirm receipt of applications, please contact us if you have a problem submitting your application.