|Pay||£9.29 per hour|
|Location||Blinco Grove, Cambridge CB1 7TX|
|Hours||38 hours per week|
YMCA Trinity Group has an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and committed Childcare Room Leader. This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to be a part of our brand new childcare setting in Cambridge, opening January 2020. The role will involve supporting the Childcare Management in being responsible for the day to day running and administration for the room and ensuring high quality inclusive childcare is continually provided. The successful candidate will be skilled, imaginative, have vision, drive and the ability to motivate. They will be flexible, approachable and able to demonstrate professional leadership as well as being able to demonstrate outstanding knowledge of the standards required by Ofsted.
You should have the following qualities:
- Qualified with a relevant Early Years Level 4 qualification, or equivalent (or the willingness to work towards)
- A minimum of two years post qualifying experience
- Extensive working knowledge of the EYFS
- Experience of managing other people, including volunteers
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent IT skills
Days and hours
This role is for 38 hours per week to be worked over 4 days.
Salary and benefits
In return we offering a salary of £9.29 per hour. Additional benefits we offer include:
- 5 weeks holiday (Plus public holidays) Pro Rata for Part Time Staff
- Free use of the YMCA Gym at Queen Anne House in Cambridge
- Competitive rates of pay and pension
- DBS Cost Paid
- Regular Supervisions
- Induction Programme and on the job training opportunities
- Continued professional development
- Internal progression opportunities
- Employee Assistance Programme
This vacancy closes on 31 January 2020.
Please note: if we find the right candidate before the advertised closing date then we reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy.
If you would like to know more about this role, then please view the job description on our website or feel free to get in touch for an informal chat. You can call our friendly Childcare Programme Manager Amanda on 01473 295258 or email: Amanda.Spence@ymcatrinity.org.uk.
For more information please see the Job Description 345KB, PDF)
Please forward to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to:
YMCA Trinity Group
“For me working for the YMCA is like being part of a big family, where everyone has helped to support me on my journey. I am continually supported with my professional development and it’s very rewarding to be able to support, coach and mentor others on their journey too” (YMCA Childcare)
YMCA Trinity Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and expects all staff to share this commitment.