Reception Work – Part Time & Sessional Vacancies
|Contract:||Part Time & Sessional Vacancies for Reception Work|
|Location:||Queen Ann House, Gonville Place, Cambridge CB1 1ND|
|Pay:||£8.95 per hour for staff on contracted shifts
£10.03 per hour for relief workers
|Hours:||Contracted shifts are available – see further below for more info|
|Deadline:||15th December 2021|
We are recruiting for staff to join our Reception Team at Queen Anne House in Cambridge.
Sessional work and contracted hours are available on a flexible basis
YMCA Trinity Group strives to create a fulfilling and enjoyable place to work; we know how staff & volunteers feel directly translates to the quality of service & care we give our clients, and we also recognise the crucial role each and every one of us plays in helping to fulfil our Mission.
Our Accommodation site in Cambridge has 80 bedsit style rooms, providing a home for 16-25 year olds. We have a fantastic team of accommodation workers, providing ongoing support and encouragement to the young people living at Queen Anne House, which is located in the centre of Cambridge by Parkers Piece, easy to get to via public transport, or if you travel by car we have free onsite car parking too.
As Receptionist you have the ability to deal efficiently with enquiries and complaints and have a solid customer service approach. Providing a warm and professional welcome for all people entering the building, undertaking general administrative office tasks to ensure the smooth running of YMCA Trinity Groups operations.
Various contracted shifts on Reception are available, and we are looking to recruit Relief Receptionists too. Relief workers can pick up shifts around their availability on and an as and when required basis. Many of our team members progress in their careers, applying for Full and Part Time contracted roles when opportunities arise.
Please indicate on your application your preferred availability; refer to shift patterns as shown below or indicate you are available for sessional work as a Relief Accommodation Worker. Please get in touch if you would like an initial discussion.
Skills and Experience
In summary, successful applicants will have the following qualities:
- Experience of MS Office packages including Outlook for managing emails, Word for writing detailed reports, experience with creating spread sheets and charts on Excel and using Cloud based Databases.
- Good organisational skills with confidence and ability to work on own initiative to deadlines
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to deliver good face to face customer care
- Ability to prioritise a number of different tasks and areas of work within a busy working environment with the ability to stay calm under pressure
- Awareness of confidentiality policy and procedures and how to apply to working practices
- Ability to relate to individuals from diverse backgrounds in a non-judgemental and non-discriminatory manner
Please read the job description:
Reception Work Job Description (99KB, PDF)
Days and Hours
Contracted shifts are available at the following times, we are recruiting a number of staff to fill these roles;
- Monday: 4:30pm – 10pm
- Saturday / Sundays: 8am – 4.30pm
- Saturday / Sundays: 4:30pm – 10pm
- Alternatively, sessional hours are available on and an as an when required basis to cover staff holidays etc
Please indicate on your application your preferred availability.
Salary and Benefits
The salaries are £8.95 per hour for staff on contracted shifts and £10.03 per hour for relief workers.
Additional benefits we offer include:
- Free onsite car park – subject to available parking spaces
- 5 weeks holiday plus public holidays (Pro rata for part time staff)
- Free use of the YMCA Gym at Queen Anne House
- DBS Check Facilitated / Cost Paid
- Induction programme and on the job training opportunities
- Regular supervisions
- Internal progression opportunities
- Employee Assistance Programme
Last date for applications is 15 December 2021 with interviews to be confirmed. We shortlist applications on a regular basis, therefore early application is advised. We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy when roles are filled.
If you would like to discuss this role further, we would love to hear from you! Please call: 01223 356998 & ask for Nadia, Magdalena or Bridie. Alternatively, email: Nadia.firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com.
Please read our Application Guidance (243KB, PDF) to help you with your application.
We would be grateful if you could also complete our Equality and Diversity Form.
If you are having trouble completing your online job application please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our HR Team will be able to assist you.
YMCA Trinity Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Unless stated otherwise, we do require an application form, completed in full, should you wish to be considered for a role with YMCA Trinity Group. Applications are scored against the relevant job description. CV’s will not be considered as an application. Occasionally we fill a role sooner than expected, we reserve the right to withdraw vacancies before an advertised closing date. Early application is advised.