Family Respect Project Officer – Part Time
|Contract:||Part Time Family Respect Project Officer – 1 year fixed contract starts September|
|Location:||Main office base will be in either our Cambridge or Peterborough office locations, with an option for flexible home working further to discussion. Some outreach work will be required in and around the Cambridge & Peterborough areas.|
|Pay:||Salary is based on contracted hours;
For the 25 hours per week contract, salary is £18,109 per year
|Hours:||25 hours a week|
|Deadline:||22nd December 2021|
The Family Respect Project is a programme to tackle child to parent violence, using a range of approaches and therapeutic interventions. The focus will be working with young people referred to the programme by the police, however there will be some work with parents and siblings around safety planning and support networks to provide support in the home. The work will be undertaken across Cambridgeshire and Peterborough with the support of the wider organisation Respect and the Police and Crime Commission.
The funding for this service has been awarded through the Home Office and Peterborough Local authority, it is a project tackling domestic abuse & violence carried out by young perpetrators and is designed to reduce the risk of long-term violence abuse and provide tool and resources to manage behaviours that can lead to harm.
The Family Respect Officer role will support the Service Manager. The Officer will hold some caseload of young people who are causing harm through violence in the home and require intervention such as anger management, coaching 1 to 1 or in group sessions and supporting them on all aspects of their self-development.
Skills and Experience
In summary, the successful applicant will have the following qualities:
- Good standard of education to A level or equivalent, with a demonstrable Higher Education aptitude
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience delivering interventions to young people with challenging behaviour, current understanding of Domestic, and demonstration approaches using therapeutic interventions
- Experience of supporting a caseload of young people and families to remove barriers and empower using solution focused and therapeutic approaches
- Experience of working with multi agency working
- Experience of delivering workshops to small groups
- Knowledge of the intervention services available to clients in the post delivery area and further afield
- Willing to undertake necessary training
- Excellent administration, organisational and planning skills
- Ability to manage heavy workload/tight deadlines
- *Essential Post holder must have a full clean driving licence and access to a car
Days and Hours
We are recruiting for a part time officer 25 hours per week. The role is for Monday – Friday, flexible working with some evening work when necessary.
Salary and Benefits
The salary is based on contracted hours. For the 25 hours per week contract, the salary is £18,109 per year.
Additional benefits we offer include:
- 5 weeks holiday & public holiday allowance (Pro rata for part time staff)
- Free use of the YMCA Gym at Queen Anne House or Cresset, dependant on your base
- Free onsite car park – subject to available parking spaces
- Competitive rates of pay and pension
- DBS Check Facilitated / Cost Paid
- Induction programme and on the job training opportunities
- Regular supervisions
- Internal progression opportunities
- Employee Assistance Programme
For further information, please contact: Charley Robinson (Programme Manager) 07757333356.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send details of your ‘Expression of Interest’ to email@example.com.
HR will forward your application to the hiring manager. Please ensure that you have demonstrated how and why you meet the person specification criteria for the role, as detailed in the job description. If you have any questions about this process please contact the above address and a member of the HR Team will get back to you.
Please read our job description:
Family Respect Project Officer Job Description (166KB, PDF)
Please read our Application Guidance (243KB, PDF) for support on applying.
We would be grateful if you could also complete our Equality and Diversity Form.
If you are having trouble completing your online job application please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our HR Team will be able to assist you.
YMCA Trinity Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and expects all staff to share this commitment.