Mental Health Training & Development Co-ordinator (Part Time)
|Pay||£30,944 pro rata|
|Location||Flexible working, based from either one of our offices located in Cambridgeshire plus home working possible.
|Hours||Up to 24 hours per week as agreed|
|Deadline||31st May 2022|
|Interviews||Week commencing 10th June 2022|
YMCA Trinity Group strives to create a fulfilling and enjoyable place to work; we know how staff & volunteers feel directly translates to the quality of service & care we give our clients, and we also recognise the crucial role each and every one of us plays in helping to fulfil our Mission.
For our teams we will ensure our policies and procedures are truly inclusive and work to ensure our environment is a place where everyone can thrive.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Training & Development Co-ordinator to join our mental health team to help manage our training services, across Cambridgeshire & Suffolk and develop new programmes.
Working alongside the Training & Development Manager, you will:
- Support the development and management of the Mental Health Training Programme based on the organisation’s mental health strategy and targets
- Support and deliver training and presentations for a range of settings and audiences, ensuring a high-quality service is provided
- Identify and co-ordinate the design and delivery of new, innovative and exciting training sessions and wider mental health programmes, which incorporate different learning styles and needs, attracting a range of audiences
- Utilise competency frameworks and Training Needs Analysis to meet the needs of different audiences
- Facilitate the sharing of good practice through staff peer support programmes, themed sessions, meetings and events
- Support the recruitment, deployment, management and quality assurance of a team of self-employed trainers
- Represent the organisation at internal and external events, membership groups, and strategic meetings involving education or the wider mental health agenda – delivering presentations, consultations and developing partnerships
Applicants should have the following qualities:
- Sound knowledge of the mental health agenda, and local/national approaches and initiatives
- A specialism in one or more of the following areas: youth work, early years, parents & carers, supported housing, physical activity.
- Experience of developing training (preferably regarding mental health) for staff within one or more of the above settings
- Possess a Level 4 or equivalent in Counselling, Play Therapy or related mental health qualification with clinical experience working with young people
- Experience in delivering high quality training and presentations to adults and young people
- Experience in marketing and sales
- Ability to motivate and engage others
- Ability to effectively manage time and work well in teams or on your own imitative
- Excellent organisation, IT and presentation skills
- It is essential that you have a current driving licence and access to a car for work in order to fulfil the requirements of the role
- Ability to work flexibly and on own initiative
- Commitment to professional development both within and outside of working hours
Mental Health Training & Development Coordinator JD (124kb, PDF)
Days and hours
This role is for up to 24 hours per week as agreed.
Salary and benefits
The salary for this role is £30,944 per year pro rata (based on 40 hour week FTE).
The closing date for applications is 31st May 2022 with interviews arranged for week commencing 10th June.
Please read our Application Guidance (243KB, PDF) for support on applying.
We would be grateful if you could also complete our Equality and Diversity Form.
If you are having trouble completing your online job application please contact email@example.com and a member of our HR Team will be able to assist you.
YMCA Trinity Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and expects all staff to share this commitment.