|£26,104.33 per year
|Mon-Fri, 8am – 4:30pm
|Base is YMCA 2 Wellington Street, Ipswich IP1 2NU, plus covering wider Suffolk when required
|1st April 2022
|12th April 2022
YMCA Trinity Group strives to create a fulfilling and enjoyable place to work; we know how staff & volunteers feel directly translates to the quality of service & care we give our clients, and we also recognise the crucial role each and every one of us plays in helping to fulfil our Mission.
Providing support to the maintenance and facilities manager the role is a mix of administration, record keeping and hands on tasks.
You will be required to supervise a small team of maintenance operatives and cleaners ensuring the provision of a warm, caring and safe environment for young people, employees, volunteers, clients and user groups.
*As this role is to be worked across multi sites in Ipswich, access to your own car with business insurance is essential – travel expenses may be claimed for additional miles
In summary, the successful applicant will have the following qualities:
- A good general education and excellent communication skills.
- Previous experience in building maintenance and associated trades in a supervisory or foreman capacity.
- Motivated towards own development and that of the team
Please read the job description:
Maintenance Supervisor Job Description (160KB, PDF)
Days and Hours
Monday – Friday; 8am – 4:30pm.
Salary and Benefits
In return, we offer an annual salary of £26,104.33 per year (£12.55 per hour), additional benefits we offer include:
- 5 weeks holiday & public holiday allowance (Pro rata for part time staff)
- Free use of the YMCA Gym at Wellington Street
- Free onsite car park – subject to available parking spaces
- 20% Discount for staff who have children enrolled at YMCA Childcare Nurseries, After School and/or Holiday Clubs
- Competitive rates of pay and pension
- DBS Check Facilitated / Cost Paid
- Induction programme and on the job training opportunities
- Regular supervisions
- Internal progression opportunities
- Employee Assistance Programme
Or email [email protected] and one of our team will get back to you!
*Occasionally our emails will go into a Spam / Junk file, we suggest you check here if you are expecting to hear back from us.
Feel free to read our Application Guidance (243KB, PDF) before applying.
We would be grateful if you could also complete our Equality and Diversity Form.
If you are having trouble completing your online job application please contact [email protected] and a member of our HR Team will be able to assist you.
YMCA Trinity Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and expects all staff to share this commitment.