Health & Safety Manager
|Pay||£29,569 per year|
|Location||Flexible location, can either be located at Queen Anne House in Cambridge CB1 1ND or our offices at The Cresset, Bretton, Peterborough PE3 8DX|
|Hours||40 hours a week (Mon – Fri)|
A vacancy has arisen for a Health & Safety Manager to join YMCA Trinity Group covering both East & West locations.
The Health & Safety Manager will be responsible for:
- Advising staff on all safety, health and welfare matters and to ensure YMCA Trinity group complies with its statutory obligations
- Ensuring the YMCA Trinity Group complies with property or building related safety legislation or safety regulations
- Managing and implementing the Health & Safety Policy for the whole organisation
The Health & Safety Manager Role will involve:
- Line Managing the Health and Safety Compliance roles at property sites based in the East & West locations of the Group
- Overall responsibility and compliance of the groups H&S, in conjunction with the Compliance Officers, making sure staff are aware of the importance and follow safety protocols
- Undertaking the development and management of the Fire Risk assessments
- Carrying out all risk assessments and special assessments for the sites as required by the business, in line with the ‘Risk Assessment Practices’
- Implementing practical and effective methods, both preventative and remedial of promoting health and safety and safe working practices in the workplace
- Production of H&S reports for the Board of Trustees and other committees
- Managing the Health & Safety committee meetings as per the safety policy requirement; producing documents, and liaising with committee members
- Carrying out investigations into all serious incidents, accidents and near-miss incidents. Record and report the findings as outlined within the groups’ policy
- Advising on safety issues to the Facilities and Maintenance Managers and Head of Operations for the Cresset Ltd, on any of the properties that the group owns
You should have the following qualities:
- Have previous Management experience working in health & safety
- Have a professional qualification in health & safety
- Have line management skills and ability to co-ordinate a team
- Be able to prioritise work to meet deadlines and agreed objectives
- Be able to produce accurate and timely work
- Be able to work on own initiative
- Be computer literate including the ability to work with Microsoft office
Days and hours
This is a full time post for 40 hours a week, working Monday to Friday.
Salary and benefits
The salary for this role is £29,569 per year, additional benefits we offer include:
- 27 days holiday plus Public Holidays
- Free onsite Car Parking
- Free use of either our Cambridge or Peterborough Gym
- Employee Assistance Programme
The closing date for applications is 12 February 2020, with interviews to be arranged for 19 February 2020.
If you are interested and would like to know more, please get in touch for an informal chat. Contact 01733 373175 and ask for Graham Jones or email email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information please see the Job Description (219KB, PDF)
Please forward to email@example.com or by post to:
YMCA Trinity Group
YMCA Trinity Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and expects all staff to share this commitment.