Early Years Educator (lunchtime assistant)
|Position:||Early Years Educator (lunchtime assistant)|
|Location:||Blinco Grove, 100 Blinco Grove, Cambridge CB1 7TS|
|Pay:||£5,871 per year|
|Hours:||15 hours a week (11am – 2pm, Monday to Friday)|
|Deadline:||24th May 2021|
Blinco Grove opened at the start of 2020 and is situated near Addenbrookes Hospital in the heart of the City. The provision caters for children aged 3 months to 5 years and has the capacity to cater for up to 73 children at one time. Despite the global pandemic, Blinco Grove has thrived into a popular and flourishing childcare setting which has led to a growing waiting list. Therefore, to enable us to support and offer our services to more families, we are recruiting for Early Years Educators to join our fantastic team.
Applicants must be qualified with a relevant Early Years Level 3 qualification, or equivalent or be willing to work towards it.
An excellent opportunity has arisen for the right candidate to be a part of our Cambridge Childcare Team. The role will involve assisting the childcare team with the day to running of the room, providing a caring, safe, stimulating environment in order for children to grow and meet their full potential, whilst ensuring high quality inclusive childcare is continually provided.
The successful candidate will be skilled, imaginative, have vision, drive and the ability to motivate. They will be flexible, approachable and able to demonstrate outstanding knowledge of the standards required by Ofsted.
Skills and Experience
In summary, the successful applicant will have the following qualities:
- Qualified with a relevant Early Years Level 3 qualification, or equivalent
- Experience of working in an Early Years setting
- Extensive working knowledge of the EYFS
- A commitment and enthusiasm towards achieving positive outcomes for service users
Days and hours
In return, we are offering 15 hours per week working 11am – 2pm, Monday to Friday.
Salary and benefits
The salary for this role is £5,871 per year and additional benefits we offer are:
- 5 weeks holiday plus public holidays (Pro rata for part time staff)
- Free use of the YMCA Gym at Queen Anne House in Cambridge
- 20% Discount for staff who have children enrolled at YMCA Childcare Nurseries, After School and/or Holiday Clubs
- Competitive rates of pay and pension
- DBS Check Facilitated / Cost Paid
- Induction programme and on the job training opportunities
- Regular supervisions
- Internal progression opportunities
- Employee Assistance Programme
This vacancy closes on 24 May 2021. Please note: we reserve the right to close this post early for the right candidate.
We would be grateful if you could also complete our Equality and Diversity Form.
If you are having trouble completing your online job application please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our HR Team will be able to assist you.
YMCA Trinity Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and expects all staff to share this commitment.