Early Years Educator
|Pay||£8.95 per hour|
|Location||Blinco Grove, Cambridge CB1 7TX|
|Hours||36 hours per week|
|Deadline||30th April 2020|
YMCA Trinity Group has an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and committed Early Years Educator. This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to be a part of our brand new childcare setting in Cambridge, opening January 2020. The role will involve assisting the childcare team with the day to running of the room, providing a caring, safe, stimulating environment in order for children to grow and meet their full potential, whilst ensuring high quality inclusive childcare is continually provided. The successful candidate will be skilled, imaginative, have vision, drive and the ability to motivate. They will be flexible, approachable and able to demonstrate outstanding knowledge of the standards required by Ofsted.
Successful applicants will have the following qualities:
- Qualified with a relevant Early Years Level 3 qualification, or equivalent (with the willingness to work towards Level 4)
- A minimum of two years post qualifying experience
- Extensive working knowledge of the EYFS
- A commitment and enthusiasm towards achieving positive outcomes for service users
Day and hours
This role is for 36 hours per week to be worked over 4 days (Monday to Friday).
Salary and benefits
We are offering a salary of £8.95 per hour. Additional benefits we offer include:
- 5 weeks holiday (Plus public holidays) Pro Rata for Part Time Staff
- Free use of the YMCA Gym at Queen Anne House in Cambridge
- Competitive rates of pay and pension
- DBS Cost Paid
- Regular Supervisions
- Induction Programme and on the job training opportunities
- Continued professional development
- Internal progression opportunities
- Employee Assistance Programme
This vacancy closes on 30 April 2020. (Previous applicants need not apply)
Please note: if we find the right candidate before the advertised closing date then we reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy.
If you would like to know more about this role, then please view the job description on our website or feel free to get in touch for an informal chat. You can call our friendly Childcare Programme Manager Amanda 01473 295258 or email Amanda.Spence@ymcatrinity.org.uk.
Alternatively, you can download and complete a word version of the application form (113KB, Word).
We would be grateful if you could also complete our Equality and Diversity Form (109KB, Word).
Please forward these forms to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to:
YMCA Trinity Group
“I love the sense of community within the YMCA, I couldn’t imagine wanting to work anywhere else” (YMCA Childcare St. Margaret’s Road – Lowestoft)
“I feel supported in my role and I have been given opportunities to enhance my knowledge and learn new skills through training. I wouldn’t be able to do it without my manager showing her confidence in me” (YMCA Childcare Grundisburgh)
YMCA Trinity Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and expects all staff to share this commitment.