Deputy Childcare Manager
|Pay:||£20,958 per year|
|Location:||129 Exning Road, Newmarket CB8 0EL|
|Hours:||36 hours per week, worked Monday to Friday, Term Time Only + 4 weeks (42 weeks per year).|
|Deadline:||25st May 2021|
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and committed Deputy Childcare Manager for our growing Newmarket childcare setting.
The role will be based in YMCA Childcare Exning Road and will involve overseeing the day to day running of the site whilst providing a caring, safe and stimulating environment in order for children to grow and meet their full potential, ensuring high quality inclusive childcare is continually provided.
The successful candidate will be skilled, imaginative, have vision, drive and the ability to motivate. They will be flexible, approachable and able to demonstrate professional leadership and management as well as being able to demonstrate outstanding knowledge of the standards required by Ofsted.
Skills and Experience
In summary, the successful applicant will have the following qualities:
- Qualified with a relevant early years degree or equivalent.
- At least three years post qualifying experience working in an early years setting
- At least two years management experience
- A thorough knowledge of legislation, guidance and standards relating to early years provision and childcare
- Extensive working knowledge of the EYFS
- To show a commitment and enthusiasm towards achieving positive outcomes for service users
- Essential Criteria: Full driving licence with access to own car
Days and hours
The role is for 36 hours per week, worked Monday to Friday, Term Time Only + 4 weeks (42 weeks per year).
Please note: during these 4 weeks you will be required to work at the two sister sites to this setting. This is to ensure holiday coverage throughout the year. The dates and times of this cover would be agreed fairly in advance with your manager. (Sister sites are located in Ipswich and Grundisburgh)
Salary and benefits
In return we are offering a salary of £20,958 a year, additional benefits we offer are:
- 5 weeks holiday plus public holidays (Pro rata for part time staff)
- Competitive rates of pay and pension
- DBS Check Facilitated / Cost Paid
- Induction programme and on the job training opportunities
- Regular supervisions
- Internal progression opportunities
- Employee Assistance Programme
This vacancy closes on 21 May 2021 with interviews arranged for 27 May.
Please note: if we find the right candidate before the advertised closing date then we reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy. (Previous applicants need not apply).
If you are interested and would like to know more, please feel free to get in touch for an informal chat about this role. Contact Kim Streater firstname.lastname@example.org or Jess Booth email@example.com or phone 01638 676556. Alternatively, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We would be grateful if you could also complete our Equality and Diversity Form.
If you are having trouble completing your online job application please contact email@example.com and a member of our HR Team will be able to assist you.
YMCA Trinity Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and expects all staff to share this commitment.