|Pay||£6,801 per year|
|Location||Blinco Grove, Cambridge CB1 7TS|
|Hours||15 hours per week|
As the Childcare Cook you need to be able to work under pressure, prioritise tasks and be committed to offering a menu that is healthy, balanced and meets the needs of the children and families who use our services.
We are looking for someone that has an excellent knowledge of food hygiene, healthy eating, dietary needs and nutrition, and is able to work collaboratively with our other Childcare Cook’s within the organisation.
Successful applicants will have the following qualities:
- NVQ Level 2 in catering or equivalent – Desirable
- Knowledge of Health and Safety, environmental health and food hygiene basics
- Knowledge of allergy awareness and dietary needs
- Ability to create balanced and nutritious menus to meet the needs of the children
- Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and written
Days and hours
This role is for 15 hours per week to be worked Monday to Friday 9am – 12pm.
Salary and benefits
In return, we offer a salary of £6,801 per year. Additional benefits we offer include:
- 5 weeks holiday (Plus public holidays) Pro Rata
- Free use of the YMCA Gym at Queen Anne House in Cambridge
- Competitive rates of pay and pension
- DBS Check Facilitated / Costs Paid
- Regular Supervisions
- Induction Programme and on the job training opportunities
- Continued professional development
- Internal progression opportunities
- Employee Assistance Programme
This vacancy closes on 13 November 2020 with interviews to be scheduled during week commencing 23 November 2020.
Please note: if we find the right candidate before the advertised closing date then we reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy – early application is advised.
If you are interested and would like to know more, please feel free to contact Sam Beldam – Childcare Manager: 01223 949090 / Samantha.Beldam@ymcatrinity.org.uk or email email@example.com.
Alternatively, you can download and complete a word version of the application form (113KB, Word).
We would be grateful if you could also complete our Equality and Diversity Form.
Please forward any Word forms to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to:
YMCA Trinity Group
YMCA Trinity Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and expects all staff to share this commitment.