Childcare Cook – Part Time
|Pay:||£7,904 per year|
|Location:||YMCA Childcare Providence, 2 Wellington Street, Ipswich IP1 2NU|
|Hours:||16 hours per week|
YMCA Trinity Group strives to create a fulfilling and enjoyable place to work; we know how staff & volunteers feel directly translates to the quality of service & care we give our clients, and we also recognise the crucial role each and every one of us plays in helping to fulfil our Mission.
YMCA Childcare Providence is an Outstanding setting in Ipswich, providing childcare for children aged between 3 months and 11yrs. We operate 51 weeks a year from 8am to 6pm. We are proud of our Outstanding OFSTED which was gained in 2020.
We have an exciting opportunity for a motivated, passionate and enthusiastic cook to join our Outstanding Childcare provision in Ipswich.
You must be able to work under pressure, prioritise tasks and complete the necessary paperwork to a high standard. The role may also involve planning and delivering some children/parents cooking activities as required.
You will need to liaise with the cooks across our other Childcare sites to design a menu that is healthy, balanced and meets the dietary needs of the children and families who use our services.
Applicants should have the following qualities:
- NVQ Level 2 in Catering (desirable)
- Food Hygiene certificate
- Experience of cooking in a childcare setting
- Have an understanding of allergy awareness and how to cater for children with specific needs
- Ability to maintain confidentially and professional boundaries
- Good interpersonal skills
- The ability to maintain a clean, hygienic working environment at all times
In accordance with safer recruitment processes many of the roles we recruit for require successful candidates to undertake an appropriate criminal record background check. If an offer of work is accepted, YMCA Trinity Group will facilitate these checks on behalf of our staff and volunteers via the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Please read our job description:
Childcare Cook Job Description (98KB, PDF)
Salary and Benefits
The salary for this role is £7,904 per year.
Additional benefits we offer include.
- Reduced childcare costs for employees own children
- Free onsite parking
- DBS check facilitated/cost paid
- Employee Assistance Programme/ Cost Paid
- Induction programme and on the job training opportunities
- Regular supervisions
- Internal progression opportunities
- Employee Assistance Programme
Feel free to read our Application Guidance (243KB, PDF) before applying.
We would be grateful if you could also complete our Equality and Diversity Form.
If you are having trouble completing your online job application please contact email@example.com and a member of our HR Team will be able to assist you.
YMCA Trinity Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and expects all staff to share this commitment.