|Pay:||£5,723 per year|
|Location:||YMCA Childcare Blinco Grove, 100 Blinco Grove, Cambridge
|Hours:||15 hours per week – Monday to Friday|
YMCA Trinity Group strive to create a fulfilling and enjoyable place to work; we know how staff & volunteers feel directly translates to the quality of service & care we give our clients, and we also recognise the crucial role each and every one of us plays in helping to fulfil our Mission.
Blinco Grove is the newest of 6 Childcare Settings operated by YMCA Trinity Group.
Our provision opened at the start of 2020 is close to the heart of the City of Cambridge, just around the corner from Addenbrookes and caters for children aged 3 months to 5 years.
Despite the Global pandemic, Blinco Grove has thrived into a popular and flourishing childcare setting. This has led to a growing waiting list and increasing number of job opportunities to join our friendly, fun and welcoming childcare team.
As an employee of YMCA Trinity Group, you will be joining over 500 staff and volunteers. Many of our staff and have developed their careers within YMCA Trinity Group, progressing into new roles when internal opportunities have become available.
Our contracted staff are also eligible for many additional benefits, which includes an employee assistance program, free membership of our YMCA Gym in Cambridge and reduced childcare fees.
Check out their Facebook page and see what the team at Blinco have been sharing:
For our teams we will ensure our policies and procedures are truly inclusive and work to ensure our environment is a place where everyone can thrive.
YMCA Childcare Blinco Grove has an exciting opportunity for a Nursery Cook to join our growing team.
Do you think you have what it takes to become a part of our family?
If you can answer yes to the following, we would love to hear from you.
- Do you have a warm smiling face that makes every child feel safe and secure?
- Are you able to successfully cook a meal for up to 60 children whilst being questioned by lots of hungry little people, who like to know what you are doing and what they are eating?
- Do you have outstanding food hygiene knowledge and are you able to apply this to practice?
- The ability to sing in tune is not necessary, however the ability to sing out of tune with a whisk as your microphone, is a must.
- You must also be willing to distribute warm hugs as requested or when required, even though this will mean removing your apron and washing your hands numerous times a day.
- It is of utmost importance that all candidates have the ability and skills required to prepare 1 meal each day that looks identical yet contains totally different ingredients, to suit our dietary requirements.
- You must be comfortable entering public places with unknown substances on your clothing, as every day is a messy day!
- You must accept the fact that some days your kitchen cooker will be hijacked by our very own little Bakers.
- Finally, you must be prepared to feel loved, special, and important to many young children and their families.
Want to know more? Please get in touch by contacting our team, see further below.
Skills and Experience
Join our team and you will be joining a team of staff who are committed to providing a safe, secure and nurturing environment for our critical little thinkers.
“I love the sense of feeling like one big family, I couldn’t imagine wanting to work anywhere else.” Team Member YMCA Blinco Grove
Our staff enjoy singing, playing inside and out! Our mud kitchen and woodland areas can be enjoyed in all weathers. Ideal applicants will be flexible, motivated and committed, with experience of working in an early year’s setting.
Please read our job description:
Nursery Cook Job Description (158KB, PDF)
Salary and Benefits
The salary for tis role is £5,723 per year, additional benefits we offer include:
- 5 weeks holiday plus public holidays (Pro rata for part time staff)
- Competitive rates of pay and pension
- DBS Check Facilitated / Cost Paid
- Induction programme and on the job training opportunities
- Regular supervisions
- Internal progression opportunities
- Employee Assistance Programme
Sam Beldam heads up our Childcare Team as Childcare Manager at Blinco Grove.
Phone 01223 949090 to arrange a call back from Sam to discuss the opportunities we have or maybe even arrange a visit to come and meet the team.
Feel free to read our Application Guidance (243KB, PDF) before applying.
We would be grateful if you could also complete our Equality and Diversity Form.
If you are having trouble completing your online job application please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our HR Team will be able to assist you.
YMCA Trinity Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and expects all staff to share this commitment.