|Salary:||£20,800 a year (£10 an hour)|
|Location:||The Cresset, Bretton, Peterborough, Cambridgeshire PE3 8DX|
|Hours:||40 hours a week|
The Cresset is Peterborough’s foremost multi-purpose venue, playing host to an exciting and diverse mix of live entertainment community activities, corporate and private events. We are looking for an enthusiastic Chef to join our busy kitchen team.
Supporting the Head Chef, you will produce quality fresh food for a local pub restaurant, daily hot meals for an elderly day-care, and a range of menus for Conference & Banqueting events.
A positive attitude and strong work ethic are essential in this role, as this small team adapts to a variety of demands.
Experience in short order cooking is essential, as well as a passion for working with fresh ingredients and a desire to deliver consistently high quality food.
As deputy for the Head Chef, you will also be required to undertake ordering, stock management, shift management and food safety compliance. Experience in all of these areas is desired. The kitchen team works closely with front of house teams and both internal and external customers. Maintaining positive and productive relationships in all of these areas is a vital part of the role.
Skills and Experience
In summary applicants should have the following qualities:
- Passionate about food and cooking, with a hands-on approach to deliver best possible quality and service.
- A strong work ethic and sense of accountability for delivering at all levels.
- A strong team player, with excellent communication skills and the ability to develop excellent working relationships with colleagues at all levels.
- High standards of quality and presentation with an eye for detail and conscientious attitude.
Please read the job description:
Chef Job Description (39KB, PDF)
Day and Hours
In return we are offering a permanent contract for 40 hours, to be worked as 5 days over 7 days a week, according to the needs of the business.
Salary and Benefits
The salary for this role is £20,800 per year or £10 per hour. Additional benefits we offer include:
- 5 weeks holiday & public holiday allowance (Pro rata for part time staff)
- Free use of the YMCA Gym at The Cresset
- Free onsite car park – subject to available parking spaces
- Competitive rates of pay and pension
- Induction programme and on the job training opportunities
- Regular supervisions
- Internal progression opportunities
- Employee Assistance Programme
Feel free to read our Application Guidance (243KB, PDF) before applying.
We would be grateful if you could also complete our Equality and Diversity Form.
If you are having trouble completing your online job application please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our HR Team will be able to assist you.
YMCA Trinity Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and expects all staff to share this commitment.