Training & Development Consultant (East) – Mental Health
|Pay||£28,363 pro rata|
|Location||Home and office based, focusing on Suffolk|
|Hours||20 hours per week|
|Interviews||w/c 11th November|
YMCA Trinity Group are a local charity that has been at the heart of community transformation in Suffolk and Cambridgeshire since 1852. We work with individuals and families to build better futures through our extensive range of programmes and interventions. Including: Housing, Health & Fitness, Youth Projects, Youth Justice Services, Mental Health, Employability Programmes, Volunteering and much more.
We deliver our programmes across the whole of Suffolk and Cambridgeshire.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Training & Development Consultant to join our team to help manage our mental health training programme, with a particular responsibility for Suffolk.
Working alongside our Mental Health Services team, you will:
- Help manage YMCA’s Mental Health Training Programme including: sales, research, design, delivery, refresher training, resources, licencing and quality assurance.
- To design and deliver bespoke presentations, talks, assemblies and workshops to schools, students and stakeholders as required.
- Utilise and adapt existing competency frameworks to meet the needs of different audiences, but with a primary focus on schools. Other audiences include youth organisations, housing, early years, corporates and mental health practitioners.
- To identify and co-ordinate the design and delivery of new, innovative and exciting training sessions and wider mental health programmes, which incorporate different learning styles and needs, and meet income targets
- To oversee resource development, and deployment of sessional trainers across our portfolio of courses and review and update resources/content for direct interventions (including group work, mentoring and family work)
- To equip other trainers and staff with the knowledge and skills to deliver programmes directly to others through briefings and regular monitoring and evaluation, as part of the Train the Trainer model
- To support schools and staff with their mental health needs by providing advice, research, updating resources, and signposting accordingly
- To facilitate the sharing of good practice through school/staff peer support programmes, themed sessions, meetings and events
- To support the Service Manager with the development and growth of the Menu of Services (mental health and well-being) business model
- To actively keep up to date with new research, approaches and models and refresh literature accordingly
- To support the Service Manager with the sales process for all mental health services by helping to identify leads, developing reports for meetings, seeking new funding opportunities, and attending meetings on behalf of the department
- Work with the Marketing team to develop regular school communications such as training updates, newsletters, and promotional materials such as leaflets and posters.
You will need to:
- Have experience in researching, designing and delivering inspirational training and presentations
- Experience of working in schools and developing partnerships with a variety of stakeholders
- Sound knowledge of mental health, outcome measures and feedback tools
- Ability to motivate and engage others, with excellent organisational and IT skills
- A good understanding of the safeguarding agenda and able to recognise the limits of own authority within the role
- Possess a Level 4 or equivalent in Counselling, Therapy or a related mental health qualification
- A current driving licence and access to a car for work
- Ability to work flexibly, including school based hours, working from home and occasional evenings as appropriate
- Ability to work additional hours as required and/or adapt working patterns to meet service needs
- Commitment to professional development both within and outside of working hours
For more information please see the Job Description
For an informal chat about the role please contact email@example.com or call 01733 373187
Please forward to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to:
YMCA Trinity Group
YMCA Trinity Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and expects all staff to share this commitment.