Access to Employment Worker
|Location||Queen Anne House, Gonville Place, Cambridge CB1 1ND|
|Hours||16 hours per week – flexible working considered|
We have an exciting new post within our Accommodation team at Queen Anne House in Cambridge, where we provide housing and support to young people that have experienced homelessness.
We are looking for someone who has the energy and passion to engage young people, helping them to develop the skills and confidence to secure a job or access training/higher education.
Main duties are:
- To engage and encourage young people to access employment, education and training opportunities.
- To develop excellent relationships with employers and training providers to provide opportunities for young people to access employment, training course etc.
- To provide reports and case studies that evidence key outcomes.
- To engage and encourage young people to participate in the design, delivery and continuing development of the project.
- Support and deliver basic life skills training.
- Able to work some unsocial hours as needed to meet the needs of the client group.
The successful applicant will have the following qualities:
- Being approachable, enthusiastic and excited about working with young people.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and confident presenting skills
- Good time management and organisational skills
- Ability to work under own initiative
- Able to work in a non-judgemental and non-discriminative way.
In return we are offering 16 hours a week and will consider flexible working.
The salary for this role is £7,305 per annum, additional benefits we offer include:
- 5 weeks’ holiday (Pro Rata for Part-Time Staff)
- Free onsite Car Parking
- Free use of the onsite Gym
- Competitive rates of pay and pension
- DBS Cost Paid
- Induction Programme and on the job Training Opportunities
- Regular Supervisions
- Internal progression opportunities
- Employee Assistance Programme
This vacancy closes on 3rd October 2019.
If you are interested and would like to know more, please feel free to get in touch for an informal chat about this role. Contact our Accommodation Manager: Heidi Collick 01223 356998 / email email@example.com
For more information please see the Job Description.
Please forward to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to:
YMCA Trinity Group
YMCA Trinity Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and expects all staff to share this commitment.