Assistant Accommodation Support Worker – Various Shifts
|Contract:||Assistant Accommodation Support Worker – Mid week / Saturday / Sundays|
|Location:||Accommodation Team, Based at 2 Wellington Street, Ipswich, IP1 2NU. Additional shifts available at local Accommodation Sites in Ipswich also.|
|Pay:||£8.97 per hour|
|Hours:||Various shifts are currently available – please see further down for shift patterns|
Opportunity for Part Time work, supporting young people as they progress on their journey through YMCA.
YMCA Trinity Group strives to create a fulfilling and enjoyable place to work; we know how staff & volunteers feel directly translates to the quality of service & care we give our clients, and we also recognise the crucial role each and every one of us plays in helping to fulfil our Mission.
Assistant Accommodation Project Workers (AAPW) assist and interact with our residents who are 16 to 17 years old, with high needs. Ensuring they have the basic life skills to enable them to develop the necessary skills to support a successful resettlement.
AAPW’s encourage an appropriate standard of behaviour, in order to support a warm, clean and homely environment.
The successful applicant will have the following qualities:
- Ability to interact with young people in a positive and confident manner
- Able to assist with basic life skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and appropriately, face to face or on the telephone, with people from a wide range of social and cultural backgrounds
Please note: your own car with business insurance is an essential requirement for this role.
YMCA Trinity Group is made up of over 500 staff and volunteers, many progress in their careers applying for Full or Part Time contracted roles when opportunities arise.
Please read the job description:
Days and Hours
Various Contracted Shifts are currently available – please clearly indicate on your application your preferred availability (If you would like to discuss, feel free to get in touch).
Shift patterns currently available include weekdays and weekends, days and evenings;
- Saturdays and Sundays 8am-4pm (15 hours)
- Saturdays and Sundays 11am-7pm (15 hours)
- Saturday and Sunday ‘every other weekend’ 7.45am to 3.45pm (15 hours)
- Two 6 hour shifts during the week, Saturday 1pm-9pm (20 hours)
- Two 6 hour shifts during the week, Sunday 1pm-9pm (20 hours)
In addition to recruiting Assistant Accommodation workers we are also taking on new relief workers, in sessional roles. Flexible working: day, evening or night shifts, on and an as and when required basis.
Salary and Benefits
Contracted shifts as Assistant Accommodation Worker are paid at £8.97 per hour, additional benefits we offer include.
- 5 weeks holiday plus public holiday allowance (Pro rata for part time staff)
- Free use of the YMCA Gym at Wellington Street
- Free onsite car park – subject to available parking spaces
- 20% Discount for staff who have children enrolled at YMCA Childcare Nurseries, After School and/or Holiday Clubs
- Competitive rates of pay and pension
- DBS Check Facilitated / Cost Paid
- Induction programme and on the job training opportunities
- Regular supervisions
- Internal progression opportunities
- Employee Assistance Programme
If you would like to discuss this role further, please contact; 01473 252456.
Ask for a senior member of the Accommodation Team to discuss Accommodation Working, alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Feel free to read our Application Guidance (243KB, PDF) before applying.
We would be grateful if you could also complete our Equality and Diversity Form.
If you are having trouble completing your online job application please contact email@example.com and a member of our HR Team will be able to assist you.
YMCA Trinity Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and expects all staff to share this commitment.