Assistant Accommodation Project Worker (Weekends)
|Contract||Assistant Accommodation Project Worker – Weekend Shifts|
|Location||YMCA Trinity Group – 2 Wellington Street, Ipswich IP1 2NU|
|Pay||£8.78 per hour|
|Hours||Various shift patterns|
Looking for Weekend Work? We have a number of shifts available for Assistant Accommodation Project Workers. A rewarding role supporting the Teams working in our Accommodation Sites in Ipswich, helping to make a positive difference to a young people’s lives.
Assistant Accommodation Project Workers (AAPW) assist and interact with our residents who are 16 to 17 years old, with high needs. Ensuring they have the basic life skills to enable them to develop the necessary skills to support a successful resettlement.
AAPW’s are required to encourage an appropriate standard of behaviour in order to support a warm, clean and homely environment.
Successful candidates should have the following qualities:
- Ability to interact with young people in a positive and confident manner
- Able to assist with basic life skills
- Have the ability to communicate clearly and appropriately, face to face or on the telephone, with people from a wide range of social and cultural backgrounds
*Please note that your own car with business insurance is an essential requirement for this role.
Days and hours
Various shift are available, should you wish to apply, please ensure you specify on your application the shifts that you are interested in from the list below;
Saturdays / Sundays
- 8am to 3pm
- 2pm to 10pm
- 3pm to 11pm
- 7pm to 3am
Salary and Benefits
The salary for this role is £8.78 per hour, additional benefits we offer include:
- 5 weeks’ holiday plus public holidays (Pro rata for part time staff)
- Free use of the Wellington Street Gym in Ipswich
- Competitive rates of pay and pension
- DBS Facilitated / Cost Paid
- Induction Programme and on the job Training Opportunities
- Regular Supervisions
- Internal progression opportunities
- Employee Assistance Programme
Please note that this is an ongoing vacancy and early application is advised. (When we find the right candidate please note we will withdraw this Vacancy – Previous applicants need not apply).
If you are interested and would like to know more, please feel free to get in touch for an informal chat about this role. Contact our Accommodation Manager Tash Wightman 01473 372490 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, you can download and complete a word version of the application form (113KB, Word).
We would be grateful if you could also complete our Equality and Diversity Form (109KB, Word).
Please forward to email@example.com or by post to:
YMCA Trinity Group
YMCA Trinity Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and expects all staff to share this commitment.