Assistant Accommodation Project Worker – Weekends (Various shifts)
|Contract:||Assistant Accommodation Project Worker – Weekend working (various shifts)|
|Location:||Accommodation Team, 2 Wellington Street, Ipswich, IP1 2NU and Rendlesham Road Ipswich, IP1 2LX|
|Pay:||£8.97 per hour|
|Hours:||Various shifts available (see below)|
|Deadline:||1st October 2021|
Opportunity for Part Time-Weekend Working. Various shifts available- Saturday & Sundays.
Working with and supporting young people as they progress on their journey through YMCA.
YMCA Trinity Group strives to create a fulfilling and enjoyable place to work; we know how staff & volunteers feel directly translates to the quality of service & care we give our clients, and we also recognise the crucial role each and every one of us plays in helping to fulfil our Mission.
Assistant Accommodation Project Workers (AAPW) assist and interact with our residents who are 16 to 17 years old, with high needs. Ensuring they have the basic life skills to enable them to develop the necessary skills to support a successful resettlement.
AAPW’s are required to encourage an appropriate standard of behaviour in order to support a warm, clean and homely environment.
Skills and Experience
The successful applicant will have the following qualities:
- Ability to interact with young people in a positive and confident manner
- Able to assist with basic life skills
- Have the ability to communicate clearly and appropriately, face to face or on the telephone, with people from a wide range of social and cultural backgrounds
Please note: your own car with business insurance is an essential requirement for this role.
Please read the job description:
Days and Hours
Various Shifts are currently available – please clearly indicate on your application your preferred availability (If you would like to discuss, feel free to get in touch)
- Shift Pattern 1 – 5 Hours per week, Saturdays 8.00am-4.00pm (Based at Wellington Street)
- Shift Pattern 2 – 15 Hours per week, Saturday and Sundays 11.00am to 7.00pm (Based at Wellington Street)
- Shift Pattern 3 – 15 hours Saturday and Sunday ‘every other weekend’, 7.45am to 3.45pm (Based at Rendlesham Road)
Salary and Benefits
The salary for this role is £8.97 per hour. Additional benefits we offer include:
- 5 weeks holiday
- Free use of the YMCA Gym at Wellington Street
- Free onsite car park – subject to available parking spaces
- 20% Discount for staff who have children enrolled at YMCA Childcare Nurseries, After School and/or Holiday Clubs
- Competitive rates of pay and pension
- DBS Check Facilitated / Cost Paid
- Induction programme and on the job training opportunities
- Regular supervisions
- Internal progression opportunities
- Employee Assistance Programme
Last date for applications is 1 October 2021 with interviews to be arranged.
Feel free to read our Application Guidance (243KB, PDF) before applying.
We would be grateful if you could also complete our Equality and Diversity Form.
If you are having trouble completing your online job application please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our HR Team will be able to assist you.
YMCA Trinity Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and expects all staff to share this commitment.