Apprentice Early Years Assistant
|Pay||£8,808 a year|
|Location||Blinco Grove, Cambridge CB1 7TX|
|Hours||35 hours per week|
|Interviews||From 16th November|
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and committed Apprentice Early Years Assistant. This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to be a part of our newest childcare setting in Cambridge, opening January 2020. The role will involve assisting the childcare team, providing a caring, safe, stimulating environment in order for children to grow and meet their full potential, whilst ensuring high quality inclusive childcare is continually provided.
This a fantastic opportunity to learn about child’s care, learning and development whilst working alongside knowledgeable and experienced staff. You will gain hands-on experience of working with children and have the support you need to complete your studies.
You should have the following qualities:
- Willingness to work towards a Level 2 or Level 3 early years qualification or equivalent
- Good organisational skills
- To show a commitment and enthusiasm towards achieving positive outcomes for service users
- Be approachable and friendly
- Able to receive feedback positively
Days and hours
This role is for 35 hours per week to be worked Monday to Friday.
Salary and benefits
In return, we offer a salary of £8,808 per year. Additional benefits include:
- 5 weeks holiday (Plus public holidays) Pro Rata for Part Time Staff
- Free use of the YMCA Gym at Queen Anne House in Cambridge
- Competitive rates of pay and pension
- DBS Check Facilitated / Cost Paid
- Regular Supervisions
- Induction Programme and on the job training opportunities
- Continued professional development
- Internal progression opportunities
- Employee Assistance Programme
The closing date for this vacancy is 11 November 2020 with interviews from 16 November 2020.
If you would like to know more about this role, then feel free to get in touch for an informal chat. Contact our friendly Childcare Manager Sam Beldam 01223 949090 or email: Samantha.Beldam@ymcatrinity.org.uk.
Alternatively, you can download and complete a word version of the application form (113KB, Word).
We would be grateful if you could also complete our Equality and Diversity Form.
Please forward any word version forms to email@example.com or by post to:
YMCA Trinity Group
“My manager has supported me right from the start of my time at YMCA. I have been made to feel valued, respected and my confidence has grown so much with achievable challenges that I have been given as part of my job role. I have had a great induction and I look forward to coming to work every day” (YMCA Childcare Providence)
YMCA Trinity Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and expects all staff to share this commitment.