Early Years Apprentice – Childcare (Full Time)
|Pay:||£9,633 per year|
|Location:||YMCA Childcare Water Lane, Lowestoft, NR32 2NH|
|Hours:||37.5 hours per week Monday-Friday|
|Deadline:||30th September – Midday|
Great opportunity to earn while you learn, supported by a knowledgeable and experienced team – Full Time role.
YMCA Trinity Group strives to create a fulfilling and enjoyable place to work; we know how staff & volunteers feel directly translates to the quality of service & care we give our clients, and we also recognise the crucial role each and every one of us plays in helping to fulfil our Mission.
We are proud of our YMCA Childcare Programme, operating Childcare settings across Suffolk and Cambridgeshire.
Our Water Lane provision caters for children aged 3 months to 5 years and has the capacity for 51 children at one time.
The team at YMCA Childcare Water Lane are looking for someone…
- who wants to begin their career in childcare,
- who is passionate about supporting young children and families to have the best start in life,
- who is eager to learn about child development from highly skilled and motivated practitioners,
- And most of all, someone who wants to have fun and be part of a fantastic team.
Skills and Experience
In summary, the successful applicant will have the following qualities:
- Willingness to work towards Level 2 in Childcare, with the possibility of progressing onto Level 3
- The ability to work alone, and as part of a team
- Be able to demonstrate commitment and enthusiasm towards achieving positive outcomes for our families
- Have a Level 4+ GCSE in Maths and English
- Be sympathetic to the aims and purposes of YMCA Trinity Group
Joshua and Lizzie are two staff members who started their careers with us as a childcare apprentice. Joshua was even nominated for a National Apprenticeship Award last year! Read more about their stories and learn what it’s like to be part of our team:
YMCA Training are our apprenticeship providers.
Please read our job description:
Apprentice Early Years Assistant Job Description (150KB, PDF)
Day and Hours
This role is for 37.5 hours per week, all year round. Hours of work will be 7.45am-4.30pm Monday-Friday.
Salary and Benefits
The salary for this role is £9,633 per year.
Additional benefits we offer include:
- 5 weeks holiday & public holiday allowance (Pro rata for part time staff)
- 20% Discount for staff who have children enrolled at YMCA Childcare Nurseries, After School and/or Holiday Clubs
- Competitive rates of pay and pension
- DBS Check Facilitated / Cost Paid
- Induction programme and on the job training opportunities
- Regular supervisions
- Internal progression opportunities
- Employee Assistance Programme
If you would like to discuss this role further, please contact our friendly Childcare Manager at Water Lane: Charlotte by calling 01502 561701 or email Charlotte.Betts@ymcatrinity.org.uk /email@example.com.
Please read our Application Guidance (243KB, PDF) for support on applying.
We would be grateful if you could also complete our Equality and Diversity Form.
If you are having trouble completing your online job application please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our HR Team will be able to assist you.
Unless stated otherwise, we do require an application form, completed in full, should you wish to be formally considered for a role with YMCA Trinity Group. Applications are scored against the relevant job description. CV’s will not be considered as a formal application but as an expression of interest only. Occasionally we fill a role sooner than expected, we reserve the right to withdraw vacancies before an advertised closing date. Early application is advised. An email is sent to confirm receipt of application forms, please contact us if you have a problem submitting your application.
YMCA Trinity Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and expects all staff to share this commitment.