Apprentice Early Years Assistant
|Pay:||£9,191 a year|
|Location:||Blinco Grove, 100 Blinco Grove, Cambridge CB1 7TS|
|Hours:||35 hours per week|
|Deadline:||15th December 2021|
YMCA Trinity Group strives to create a fulfilling and enjoyable place to work; we know how staff & volunteers feel directly translates to the quality of service & care we give our clients, and we also recognise the crucial role each and every one of us plays in helping to fulfil our Mission.
We are proud of our YMCA Childcare Programme, operating Childcare settings across Suffolk and Cambridgeshire.
Blinco Grove opened at the start of 2020 and is situated near Addenbrookes Hospital in the heart of the City. The provision caters for children aged 3 months to 5 years and has the capacity to cater for up to 73 children at one time. Despite the global pandemic, Blinco Grove has thrived into a popular and flourishing childcare setting which has led to a growing waiting list. Therefore, to enable us to support and offer our services to more families, we are recruiting for Early Years Educators to join our fantastic team.
Check out their Facebook page and see what the team at Blinco Grove have been up to:
YMCA Trinity Group has an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and committed Apprentice Early Years Assistant.
This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to be a part of our childcare setting in Cambridge, stating asap. The role will involve assisting the childcare team, providing a caring, safe, stimulating environment in order for children to grow and meet their full potential, whilst ensuring high quality inclusive childcare is continually provided.
This a fantastic opportunity to learn about child’s care, learning and development whilst working alongside knowledgeable and experienced staff. You will gain hands-on experience of working with children and have the support you need to complete your studies.
Can you answer yes to the following questions?
- Can you sing out of tune?
- Can you pretend to eat playdough cakes?
- Are you able to read the same story multiple times?
- Are you happy to jump in muddy puddles and sing in the rain?
If you answered yes to all of the above then you may be the person we are looking for.
You should have the following qualities:
- Be sympathetic to the aims and purposes of YMCA Trinity Group,
- Willing to work towards Level 2 in Childcare, with the possibility of progressing onto Level 3,
- The ability to work alone, and as part of a team,
- To show commitment and enthusiasm towards achieving positive outcomes for our families
Joshua and Lizzie are two staff members who started their careers with us as a childcare apprentice. Joshua was even nominated for a National Apprenticeship Award last year! Read more about their stories and learn what it’s like to be part of our team:
YMCA Training are our apprenticeship providers.
Please read our job description:
Early Years Apprentice Job Description (149KB, PDF)
Salary and Benefits
In return, we offer a salary of £9,191 per year. Additional benefits we offer include:
- 5 weeks holiday plus public holidays (Pro rata for part time staff)
- Free use of the YMCA Gym at Queen Anne House in Cambridge
- 20% Discount for staff who have children enrolled at YMCA Childcare Nurseries, After School and/or Holiday Clubs
- Competitive rates of pay and pension
- DBS Check Facilitated / Cost Paid
- Induction programme and on the job training opportunities
- Regular supervisions
- Internal progression opportunities
- Employee Assistance Programme
If you would like to know more about this role, then feel free to get in touch for an informal chat. Contact our friendly Childcare Manager Sam Beldam 01223 949090 or email: Samantha.Beldam@ymcatrinity.org.uk.
Feel free to read our Application Guidance (243KB, PDF) before applying.
We would be grateful if you could also complete our Equality and Diversity Form.
If you are having trouble completing your online job application please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our HR Team will be able to assist you.
YMCA Trinity Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and expects all staff to share this commitment.