Accommodation Project Worker
|Contract:||Full Time Accommodation Project Worker|
|Location:||HRS Team, 2 Wellington Street, Ipswich, IP1 2NU|
|Pay:||£20,709 per year|
|Hours:||37.5 hours per week|
|Deadline:||16th June 2021|
|Interviews:||Week commencing 21st June 2021|
The role will include key-working individuals, as well as engaging all of the young people who live within our projects, supporting them to develop socially, personally, and spiritually in order that they may grow in confidence and independence.
Accommodation Project Workers are required to ensure that all residents receive an appropriate level of support and training according to their individual needs and to assist residents to access education, employment, training, and voluntary work experience where applicable. The role of an Accommodation Project Worker also involves interviewing potential residents/parents and support them to devise their own support plan (Pathway Plan).
Through delivering life skills training you will give young people the skills and knowledge they need to move on to more independent accommodation and resettle them in their new home.
Skills and Experience
In summary, the successful applicant will have the following qualities:
- Experience working with young people
- Knowledge of housing benefits/welfare benefits system
- Understanding of partnership working
- Good communication skills
- Good teamworking skills
- Able to interact with people from varied backgrounds
Days and Hours
This role is for 37.5 hours per week – Monday to Friday on a rota basis including Bank Holidays. Occasional weekend work may be required too.
Salary and Benefits
The salary for this role is £20,709 per year, additional benefits we offer include:
- 5 weeks holiday plus public holidays (Pro rata for part time staff)
- Free use of the YMCA Gym at Wellington Street
- Free onsite car park – subject to available parking spaces
- 20% Discount for staff who have children enrolled at YMCA Childcare Nurseries, After School and/or Holiday Clubs
- Competitive rates of pay and pension
- DBS Check Facilitated / Cost Paid
- Induction programme and on the job training opportunities
- Regular supervisions
- Internal progression opportunities
- Employee Assistance Programme
Last date for applications is 16 June 2021, interviews to be arranged for week commencing 21 June.
We would be grateful if you could also complete our Equality and Diversity Form.
If you are having trouble completing your online job application please contact email@example.com and a member of our HR Team will be able to assist you.
YMCA Trinity Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and expects all staff to share this commitment.