Accommodation Project Worker
|Pay||£21,608 per year|
|Hours||40 hours a week|
|Location||Queen Anne House, Gonville Place, Cambridge, CB1 1ND|
|Closing date||20th December 2019|
|Interviews||6th January 2020|
We have an exciting new post within our Accommodation team at Queen Anne House in Cambridge, where we provide housing and support to young people that have experienced homelessness.
Main duties are:
- Support the development of young people by implementing a personal development programme via regular key working meetings support clients with accessing benefits, training, educational opportunities and employment.
- To create a caring, homely and secure environment for young people.
- Liaise with other agencies in regards to supporting clients.
- Keep up to date folders, resident notes and reports and help with referrals, moving in residents and support clients with resettlement options.
- Promote safe guarding and the welfare of young people.
- Collect rent arrears from clients.
- Participate in the on-call rota.
The successful applicant will have the following qualities:
- Good level of education.
- Experience of working with young people.
- Knowledge of the benefit system and how to support young people onto the correct benefit.
- Good team working skills.
- Good listening skills and able to show empathy.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Understanding of Person Centred Approach.
Days and hours
The role is for 40 hours a week.
Salary and benefits
The salary for this role is £20,608 per annum, additional benefits we offer include:
- 5 weeks holiday
- Free use of the Wellington Street Gym
- Competitive rates of pay and pension
- DBS Cost Paid
- Induction Programme and on the job Training Opportunities
- Regular Supervisions
- Internal progression opportunities
- Employee Assistance Programme
This vacancy closes on 20 December with interviews to be arranged for 6 January.
If you are interested and would like to know more, please feel free to get in touch for an informal chat about this role. Contact our Accommodation Manager: Heidi Collick 01223 356998 or email email@example.com.
For more information please see the Job Description (220KB, PDF).
Please forward to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to:
YMCA Trinity Group
YMCA Trinity Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and expects all staff to share this commitment.