Accommodation Project Worker – Ipswich
|Contract||Floating Accommodation Project Worker – Full Time|
|Location||Wellington Street Ipswich IP1 2NU and other Ipswich sites|
|Pay||£21,609 per year|
|Hours||40 hours per week on a shift based rota|
|Deadline||9th August 2020|
|Interviews||14th, 17th and 18th August|
The Floating Accommodation Project Worker (APW) is based in our CYPS Project in Ipswich, however the successful candidate will need to be very flexible, working as follows;
- Shifts may be scheduled during nights, days, evenings or weekends – as required to support our Accommodation Teams.
- Whilst the role is primarily based in Wellington street the Floating APW will be asked to cover holiday and sickness and be must able to work at our other local Ipswich based locations.
This role involves working with and supporting our clients who are 16 and 17 years old care leavers who may have very high needs.
Please refer to the job description for more information about the role.
In summary successful candidates should have the following qualities:
- Ability to interact with young people in a positive and confident manner
- Able to assist with basic life skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and appropriately, face to face or on the telephone, with people from a wide range of social and cultural backgrounds.
Due to the requirements of the role, it is essential the job holder has their own car with business insurance.
Days and hours
This is a full time role for 40 hours per week. Due to the nature of the role flexible working is required, with shifts to be worked across days, evenings, nights and weekends as required.
Salary and benefits
The salary for this role is £21,609 per year, additional benefits we offer include:
- 5 weeks holiday plus public holidays (Pro rata for part time staff)
- Free use of the Onsite Gym
- Competitive rates of pay and pension
- DBS Cost Paid
- Induction Programme and on the job Training Opportunities
- Regular Supervisions
- Internal progression opportunities
- Employee Assistance Programme
Applications close 9th August 202o with interviews to be conducted on the 14th, 17th and 18th August.
If you are interested and would like to know more, please feel free to get in touch for an informal chat about this role. Contact our Accommodation Manager Tash Wightman 01473 372490 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information please see the job description (216KB, PDF).
Alternatively, you can download and complete a word version of the application form (113KB, Word).
We would be grateful if you could also complete our Equality and Diversity Form (109KB, Word).
Please forward to email@example.com or by post to:
YMCA Trinity Group
YMCA Trinity Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and expects all staff to share this commitment.