Accommodation Night Worker
|Contract:||Accommodation Night Worker|
|Location:||101 Wellington Street, Peterborough PE1 5DU|
|Pay:||£19,198 per year|
|Hours:||40 hours per week, worked on a 4 day on 4 day off rota basis|
|Deadline:||22nd October 2021|
|Interviews:||Week commencing 1st November 2021|
YMCA Trinity Group strives to create a fulfilling and enjoyable place to work; we know how staff & volunteers feel directly translates to the quality of service & care we give our clients, and we also recognise the crucial role each and every one of us plays in helping to fulfil our Mission.
With over 500 staff and Volunteers YMCA Trinity Group work with individuals and families to build better futures through our extensive range of programmes. At Time Stop we offer Accommodation and support for young people at risk of homelessness in Peterborough.
The role of an Accommodation Night Worker (40 Hours) is to oversee the safety of YMCA Trinity Groups residents, staff and premises between the hours of 10pm and 8am.
Ensuring designated areas are clean, secure and safe.
The role also involves assisting our Accommodation Project Workers with the admittance of residents and staff and to make scheduled security checks ensuring noise and disruption are kept to a minimum.
Skills and Experience
In summary, the successful applicant will have the following qualities:
- Experience of working with vulnerable people, although not necessarily in a housing context.
- A good level of education
- Experience of building management or maintenance
- Good interpersonal skills
- Be able to work as part of a team
- Be able to work unsociable hours, including some public holidays / weekends on a rota basis
- Have excellent communication skills
Please read the job description:
Accommodation Night Worker Job Description (177KB, PDF)
Days and Hours
This role is for 40 hours per week worked on a rota basis: 4 days on and 4 days off. Shifts are worked 10pm to 8am with weekends and public holidays included in rota.
Salary and Benefits
The salary is £19,198 per year. Additional benefits we offer include:
- 5 weeks holiday plus public holidays (Pro rata for part time staff)
- Free use of the YMCA Gym at Wellington Street
- Competitive rates of pay and pension
- DBS Check Facilitated / Cost Paid
- Induction programme and on the job training opportunities
- Regular supervisions
- Internal progression opportunities
- Employee Assistance Programme
The closing date is 22 October 2021 with interviews to be arranged for week commencing 1 November.
Feel free to read our Application Guidance (243KB, PDF) before applying.
We would be grateful if you could also complete our Equality and Diversity Form.
If you are having trouble completing your online job application please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our HR Team will be able to assist you.
YMCA Trinity Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and expects all staff to share this commitment.