School Therapists and Counsellors
Location: Various schools – Northants, Cambs, Suffolk (within 30mile radius from your location).
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity in your Counselling or Therapy Career? Looking for an organisation who can offer great benefits and regular work during the school day? The YMCA Menu of Services offers 1:1 therapy and early intervention programmes (group work, mentoring, family work) to children and young people aged between 5 & 18. We provide therapeutic and non-therapeutic interventions for children and young people who have social, emotional and behavioural difficulties. Due to demand, we are now looking to expand the service across neighbouring areas, and require more therapists to cover therapeutic and non-therapeutic programmes, particularly in Northants & Suffolk. You will also have the opportunity to become one of our sessional trainers to deliver our existing portfolio of mental health training to teachers (presentation experience required).
You should have the following qualities:
– Previous experience of working with children
– Have a minimum of: Certificate in Therapeutic Play, or had some training in play or arts based therapy alongside a L4 in Counselling (Primary School work); or have a L4 in Child & Adolescent Therapeutic Counselling (Secondary school work) or equivalent
– Be registered with PTUK, BAPT, BACP or equivalent having obtained a minimum of 120 hours of clinical experience
– Be able to travel
– Be able to work on a self employed basis during the day for one or more days a week for the duration of each school contract
– Demonstrate a commitment to continued CPD (minimum of 30 hours pa)
In return we can offer;
£20-23 per session (50hrs experience), £25-30 (120hrs experience)
£30ph to deliver teacher training.
Access to training opportunities and peer/management support
Potential for regular blocks of work (i.e. 3-5 sessions per day)
This is an ongoing recruitment process, but early application will give greater access to work opportunities.
Download the full Job Description here