Volunteer – Project Support/Interpreter
We have introduced a project aimed at improving access to mental health support. As a Project Support Volunteer, you will make a valuable contribution to improving service users’ level of engagement with the programme. The role involves assisting our in-house counsellor in providing Creative Thinking and Art sessions to asylum seekers and refugees. More specifically, as an interpreter, you be the necessary communication link between the counsellor and young people, enabling them to express themselves.
You will enable us to achieve our mission of supporting young lives to realise their full potential.
- Be able to speak English and one or more of the following; Arabic/Dari/Farsi/Pashto/Tigrinya/Kurdish Sorani/Urdu, to interpret and facilitate communication between service users and the counsellor.
- Be a Team Player
- Have excellent communication skills
- Enhance your skills in working with Vulnerable young people
- Develop strong interpersonal skills
- DBS Check Facilitated / Cost Paid
- Induction programme and on the job training opportunities
- Make a difference to your community
- Employee Assistance Programme
This role is ongoing and currently has no deadline date.
For more information please see the Job Description (100KB, PDF).
We would also be grateful if you completed the Equality and Diversity Form.
If you would prefer a Word version of the form then please email our HR Team email@example.com.