It aims to help break behaviour patterns where a young person (11 – 17yrs) is:
- Controlling in the home environment where parents are having to modify their own behaviour through fear of consequences
- Being violent or aggressive towards the parent/carer, using weapons
- Putting the parent or carer down/name calling
- Missing from home as a use of control/not attending school
- Making threats/unreasonable demands with consequences
- Hurting siblings either physically or emotionally·
- Any behaviour used by a young person to control, dominate or coerce parents/carers. It is intended to threaten and intimidate and puts family safety at risk
- Demanding/stealing money
We work with families where there is physical violence and some where there is no physical violence however there is a high level of coercive control.
Parent/carer and young people’s groups work in parallel, however, in separate rooms.