Apprentice Kitchen Assistant
|Interviews||To be arranged|
As an Apprentice Kitchen Assistant with the YMCA Trinity Group you will assist the kitchen staff in all aspects of kitchen duties, work well in our small but busy team and be able to work flexible hours when required. In return we offer a competitive salary, 25 days holiday a year and the potential for internal progression.
You should have the following qualities:
- Some knowledge of Safeguarding and current legislation
- Some experience of cooking for large numbers
- A basic understanding and knowledge of issues our residents face
- You will have a positive manner and possess the ability to work as an excellent member of the kitchen team
- Be an excellent timekeeper and able to work flexible hours if required
- Always maintain confidentiality and professional boundaries
- Have knowledge of Health and Safety, Environmental Health and Food Hygiene in the workplace
- You must be willing to work towards and gain an NVQ Level 2 in Catering qualification
We are offering the successful applicant 30 hours a week to be worked Thursday to Sunday, we would love to hear from you if you would like to know more.
Please call our friendly Catering Manager, Lorraine, on 01473 372489 for an informal chat or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Salary for this role is £6037 per year and as an employee of the YMCA Trinity Group you can also benefit from:
- Induction Programme and additional ‘on the job’ Training Opportunities
- Regular Supervisions and support
- Internal progression opportunities
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Your DBS Cost Paid
Click here to download the Job Description
This vacancy closes on 5th April 2019
(However if we find the right candidate this vacancy may close earlier).
YMCA Trinity Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and expects all staff to share this commitment